“Delicious”

Adega
Ranked #490 of 1,219 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Portuguese, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Adega Restaurants are upmarket Portuguese restaurants that cater for a variety of tastes and styles. The restaurants offer a warm unpretentious ambience allowing the diner to feast in true Portuguese style. We are located conveniently in shopping centres where there is ample safe parking. Our aim is to extend the highest level of quality of food and service, without losing the personal attention and friendliness of the staff and management of the restaurant. Booking is essential due to the popularity of the restaurant
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The food here is always delicious and the service is tops. The only negative is that the chairs are extremely uncomfortable.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Babybumps

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Adega Bedfordview”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is one of the best Traditional Portuguese food. well prepared and perfect for groups of friends and families, Prices are reasonable and the specials are excellent, Specially the Portuguese buffet on Saturdays!!!! For the best Seafood and chicken Adega “ Bedfordview is the place to go.
Plates are very well priced and presented their service are always great and polite, I absolutely loved it, will visit again!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Raul B
Ripon
“Well cooked food and great ambiance”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went to Adega's for a family meal and was surprised to see a good array of seafood - most of it well cooked and tasty. My daughter decided against a Seafood buffet, and instead opted for the Ribs.

The service itself was average and about what I would expect, however the food itself (And I am very fussy when it comes to seafood) was very good.

The range of food on offer went from Sushi, to prawns, calamari and fish in a variety of styles. I did think that the Sushi was average and what I would expect from a supermarket packet, but touches like having extra ginger available if you wanted was good.

The calamari was my favourite though, exquisitely cooked in a sauce and not battered which tends to be most restaunts fair. The peri peri sauce (homemade) was brilliant and gave the right amount of bite.

Definitely a great place to try and eat, a little pricy but worth every cent!

Visited August 2013
Dhaka
“Amazing Portuguese Food in South Africa”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I asked my taxi driver to take us to a nice diner and he took us to Adega. We were traveling for work and everything in Joburg is closed by 5 PM which was a shock for me.

Adega was amazing, it had great South African wine, magnificent grilled lobsters, saffron rice, a tiny chicken steak, squid and fish cake and all of this together without wine was just 20 USD. Its a good price I would say for such a quality meal.

There are a few Adegas in Joburg, I went to the one in Midrand.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank TheTaskin
“Thank heavens it's nearly back to what it was!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It's nearly back to what it was! Most of us regulars were really disappointed when Berresford left and our most favorite restaurant went down badly! After a long time it seems to have come back strongly. Good news for Portuguese food lovers! We have eaten there 4 times in 6 weeks, it's really nearly back!

• Visited June 2013