“OK Nothing Special”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Food OK if you like meat with more meat. They did have a problem with me paying cash, no change, obviously everyone pays by card

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I can remember the old S&W and this restaurant has lost its touch. It tries to attract budget diners offering buffet meals and at the same time serving high priced steaks that is not of that quality. Really disappointed in the offering. Steak served cold and not up to standard. Better steakhouses around.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My colleagues and I were undecided where to have dinner and when we arrived at the mall we looked at the restaurants and Smith and Woolensky looked good so we went in. Service was average and the menu had a good variety of dishes. I chose to have the ribs and it was not a good choice as they were not cooked properly and very tough. My one colleague had a fillet and it was dry and it tasted burnt. We have decided that we would not revisit this restaurant.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The food is amazing, but the prices are slightly on the high side. Location is great. Service is good.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Ordered the 300 gram fillet steak.

Steak arrives on a white plate with pale yellow fries, and off white fried onion rings. A visual "yawn". I know that his is trite, but customers eat with their eyes before they eat with their mouths! There was absolutely NO visual appeal to the dish. Zip.

The steak was mediocre in terms of toughness. It was quite chewy.

On the plus side, it was prepared to perfection (medium rare), and the waitress was outstanding.

Would I rush back? No ...