“Best burgers in the world”
Review of Gourmet Garage

Gourmet Garage
Ranked #138 of 1,237 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Little sister to the Rosebank legendary Grillhouse. Gourmet hamburgers and delicious grills (Steak, Ribs, Chicken). Funky retro American automotive inspired surroundings. Live sport viewing. Caters for all ages. GENERATOR ON SITE - DINING AS USUAL DURING LOAD SHEDDING.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Have the garage burger. It's not on the menu but they know what you are talking about. Great service

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and regularly visit gourmet garage at Monte Casino. The lamb chops are the best of any restuarant we have visited.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My current regular burger of choice is the peperdew burger at Gourmet Garage. The burgers are big and the chips (fries) portions are large. Relative to other places the price is reasonable but the burgers are really good. When I am feel really hungry a double bacon, egg and cheese hits the spot at the Garage. The chips are hand cut and freshly made but the onion rings are small fine and very greasy.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Great value for money, their burgers are delicious and the service is always friendly.....................................................

Reviewed February 27, 2013

A group of us went to this establishment on 17 Feb, as we have always had great food and service at the restaurant. I ordered a bacon and cheese burger and asked for it to be medium rare. Unfortunately when my plate arrived my burger was extremely dry and there was just a portion of what tasted like stale refired chips on the plate. The burger seemed so overcooked it crumbled like saw dust. I don't ever complain about my meal as I do not trust that if my plate leaves me for whatever reason, that I'd get it back with the highest level of hygiene. The server was just doing a job, no interest in his customers and no real interest to rectify anything or ask if we were okay with our drinks. The burgers are pricey so to have a mediocre meal is not inspiring at all.