“Did not live up to expectations”
Review of Shahi Khana

Shahi Khana
Ranked #226 of 1,229 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We tried this a few weeks ago - several people had recommended it. My son and daughter both ordered vegetarian dishes, which they said tasted good. My first choice was not available so I ordered the prawn khorma - usually a safe bet. The first disappointment was that the sauce, rather than the usual creamy tomatoey colour was a greyish white. It tasted of very little - certainly not of any of the spices one would expect in a khorma. When we paid the bill we asked to take the leftovers with us - but the waiter completely forgot to bring them and we were so involved in our conversation we forgot to remind him. I won't be going back to this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Shahi Khana

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My friends advised we try this restaurant stating that it was really great. I went with high hopes and was disappointed to find that the food which usually has a pink / orange colour was the same shade of white as the rice! I wonder if they were short of spices because it was so tasteless, I may as well have eaten only rice! Terrible restaurant, will rather avoid!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Fantastic food, floavourful and abumdant. The buffet was delicious and the srevice was great. The food was priced well. An overall good night. A new favourite of mine. Thank you!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Great traditional Pakistani and Bangladeshi dishes. Good service.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

The Shahi Khana has awesome curries. This one is still run by the original owner who started at the Shamiyana in Edenvale. All the curries are awesome and very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Grennie47