“Long wait but good food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mediterranean, International, Contemporary
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Waitstaff
Milan, Italy
“Long wait but good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I discovered it last month for the first time . I liked the ambiance and the decor . I went there for lunch with my parents since we were travelling all together . We ordered a light meal which took almost half an hour to arrive ..... anyway apart from that it was very good food and service. I woud suggest the vegetable and halloumi stack: basically roasted peppers , eggplant and zucchini with halloumi cheese. Very tasty.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank MonicaM18

Boston
“Good food and service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

We enjoyed our meal at the Loft, with our party of three having either steak or the kudu special. Everyone was very satisfied with both the quality of the food and the presentation. The service was flawless. The atmosphere could be described as bohemian - I could imagine it may get a bit noisy when crowded but it was fine when we were there. The prices were a little higher than we generally paid in SA, but when compared to a quality US steak house it was an astounding bargain.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati
“Excellent steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

Three of us ate at The Loft one evening during our stay in Melville. The steaks were excellent cuts of beef and perfectly prepared. The dining area was comfortable. Overall the meal was wonderful and at a great price. If we'd spent more time in Melville we would've gone back again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sunnyvale, California
“Awful fish, avoid this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

I ate here on my last night in Johannesburg and South Africa, what a huge mistake. I had the Butter fish labelled as a special on the blackboard. The next day, I beginning to have diarrhea of orange oil. I had experience with this before, so I knew it was because the fish is oilfish and have oil that are not digestible. Obviously it made a very unpleasant return trip.

I can think of 2 explanation here. 1. The restaurant knew what it was serving, in which case the waiter offered no warning about the fish is. 2. The restaurant did not knew what it was serving, perhaps it made a mistake in ID the fish or mislead by its supplier. In both cases, it does not give me confidence that this is a safe restaurant to eat in. So I would recommend to ignore all the guide book recommendations and try a different restaurant on the street.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
“Small eatery in Melville”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2009