Shumba Valley Lodge
Clico Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
$189
$164
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was at Shumba last week for a conference with my bank. We really enjoyed everything. Food is good and staff is very friendly. I will be back again and next time I want to take my family because it is also the perfect weekend get away.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Venue & Location : Easy to find (via road), and accommodating in terms of group size.
Staff : So helpful and very friendly.
Meals : Food was good and even did a braai for the group and they cater for all dietary requirements.
Conference : Very accommodating and assist with all our requirements (even on short notice)
Grounds : Very clean and neat
Rooms : Impressed with the size and equipped with all the necessities
Already had 2 conferences at Shumba Valley this year (2014) and planning our next conference with them.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Shumba is a gem not far from JHB and also very much in range of Pretoria. I took my family there for a weekend and we really had a good time. Friendly staff, good food and nice spacious rooms. Everything was well arranged and with conference facilities on site I will really consider using them for our next conference. Well done to everybody at Shumba.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Spent 2 nights at this venue and the phone never worked. Was supposed to get wake up calls but never did. Reported it but issue never got resolved. The shower glass was not sealed with no warning signs. Luckily, I happened to touch it, lightly, before I got in the shower and realized that it was not sealed, an accident waiting to happen. Water always flooded the floor. Air conditioner worked sometimes. Front desk staff was not very friendly, need more training. Not enough variety in the food. Some food items appeared to be leftovers.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
SVL2013, General Manager at Shumba Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Vera J

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate the feedback that you have sent to us and will be working on rectifying and training the staff to alleviate these problems from happening again.

The Shumba Valley Team

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Quite a nice venue, Jerry in particular was most helpful.
We were there for 3 days, the food was recycled too often with little change in the menu. The food ran out at the dinner buffet. Breakfast can't be guaranteed as that also ran out more than once.
The bar was not well stocked, 3 nights in a row, ran out of all the beers despite out requests and recommendations as to what the group favoured. One would expect better value and product for the prices one paid at the bar and restaurant.
Very disappointed, we shall not be back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
SVL2013, General Manager at Shumba Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Dorian ZZ

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us.

My sincere apologies for your stay not being what you expected. I am most perturbed by the problems that you experienced and will take these matters up with my respective management HOD's.

Your review is appreciated and thank you for letting us know where we can improve our service to our clients.

Your in hospitality