All reviewsboutique hotelmelrose archwanderers cricketresident catgarden roomlovely boutiquean oasismain buildingsmall hotelstayed two nightsquiet neighborhoodsmall poollong flightapartheid museumrooms are largetravel agentspent one night
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel offered a clean and spacious room, excellent front desk service, and very good food. The grounds are pretty, with a small pool and larger patio area that was nice when we went (during the summer).

The location isn't terrific because it's about half an hour from the airport and not too close to shops/restaurants, though there are some at Melrose nearby. We relied on our own arranged driver to get around, though the front desk could call cabs if needed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A S
James P, Owner at The Peech Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not feel our location was right for you - we are in a residential area - and so away from the hussle and bussle of the city. I'm glad all else was good with your stay. Kind regards, James Peech

Reviewed January 17, 2013

What's great find. I lie - I had actually found it before, stayed and wrote just as glowing review. Again, I really couldn't have had a better time at the Peech. Staff friendly and attentive, great food and great decor. A very comfortable three days. To be repeated..

• Stayed: July 2012
James P, Owner at The Peech Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

We really appreciate your review and I will be sure to share it with the team here. Kind regards, James Peech

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Am writing this review from my room at the Peach. Great room--modern in feel and fairly big. Excellent and free wifi too, which is a real plus. The hotel is like a big house, with beautiful grounds. The rooms are separate villas on the grounds, which are really nicely maintained. Has the feel of a beautiful summer house kind of. The room itself is a combo of modern (cement floor) with some African art. Great bathrooms with large bathtub and separate shower with the rain shower head. The people at the hotel are very very nice and accomodating. Will stay here again-thanks!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great feedback - I will be sure to share it with the team. Kind regards, James Peech

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I first stayed at the Peech about five years ago a few times. I have just made my first visit to SA in four years and as always picked The Peech for the Jo'burg leg of the trip with my family.

Nothing much had changed (other than the prices!) since my last stay. Excellent large rooms, lovely bathrooms, beautiful well cared for grounds and friendly helpful staff. Airport pick up worked fine, as did the drop.

One of the things I really like about this place is that it's small so you get a more personal touch. This was exemplified for us at breakfast the first morning when the waiter (Bastar I think) said,Ahh, you've been before when your son was much younger. A great memory and nice to be remembered after so long.

I can't recommend this place enough, a fantastic antidote to bland samey chain hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank emmbrook
James P, Owner at The Peech Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I am delighted that you found us again after so long and thank you for your kind words. I will pass the message along to our team. Kind regards, James Peech

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Peech is a peach of a place! Located in a quiet neighbourhood, the Peech proves to be a tranquil oasis in a very busy city. I stayed here for a weekend following a busy three-week work trip to Durban and Cape Town. The Peech is the perfect spot to rest, relax and recharge your batteries. The grounds are lovely, and the rooms spacious and very comfortable. The staff are friendly and oh so helpful, securing rides and doing anything needed to make your stay special - all while making you feel special and well looked after. Special mention must be given to the kitchen. The food at the Peech is supurb. I enjoyed the creative breakfasts (not your typical continental fare), delicious dinners (with a great wine list), and even a lovely lunch, where I enjoyed the best burger I have ever eaten. The prices are very reasonable, especially when you consider the quality. The guest rooms are large and comfortable, with lots of windows and even a little patio. The bathroom has both a rain shower and large bathtub, great for soaking after a long day out shopping or visiting the Apartheid Museum. That this is an eco hotel is a bonus, and I loved their commitment to local artists featured throughout the property. Thanks also go to the lovely Ben, the friendly driver who saved the day when my tour provider failed to show up. I would recommend this hotel without hestitation, and look forward to staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: Take advantage of their special rates that include breakfast and dinner, as the food in the Bistro is excellent, and you have the option of eating outside or in your room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Eudoxxia
James P, Owner at The Peech Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to pass them on to the team. Kind regards, James Peech