All reviews boutique hotel melrose arch wanderers cricket resident cat garden room lovely boutique an oasis main building our honeymoon small hotel stayed two nights quiet neighborhood small pool long flight apartheid museum rooms are large travel agent
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I first stayed at the Peech about five years ago a few times. I have just made my first visit to SA in four years and as always picked The Peech for the Jo'burg leg of the trip with my family.

Nothing much had changed (other than the prices!) since my last stay. Excellent large rooms, lovely bathrooms, beautiful well cared for grounds and friendly helpful staff. Airport pick up worked fine, as did the drop.

One of the things I really like about this place is that it's small so you get a more personal touch. This was exemplified for us at breakfast the first morning when the waiter (Bastar I think) said,Ahh, you've been before when your son was much younger. A great memory and nice to be remembered after so long.

I can't recommend this place enough, a fantastic antidote to bland samey chain hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank emmbrook
James P, Owner at The Peech Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I am delighted that you found us again after so long and thank you for your kind words. I will pass the message along to our team. Kind regards, James Peech

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Peech is a peach of a place! Located in a quiet neighbourhood, the Peech proves to be a tranquil oasis in a very busy city. I stayed here for a weekend following a busy three-week work trip to Durban and Cape Town. The Peech is the perfect spot to rest, relax and recharge your batteries. The grounds are lovely, and the rooms spacious and very comfortable. The staff are friendly and oh so helpful, securing rides and doing anything needed to make your stay special - all while making you feel special and well looked after. Special mention must be given to the kitchen. The food at the Peech is supurb. I enjoyed the creative breakfasts (not your typical continental fare), delicious dinners (with a great wine list), and even a lovely lunch, where I enjoyed the best burger I have ever eaten. The prices are very reasonable, especially when you consider the quality. The guest rooms are large and comfortable, with lots of windows and even a little patio. The bathroom has both a rain shower and large bathtub, great for soaking after a long day out shopping or visiting the Apartheid Museum. That this is an eco hotel is a bonus, and I loved their commitment to local artists featured throughout the property. Thanks also go to the lovely Ben, the friendly driver who saved the day when my tour provider failed to show up. I would recommend this hotel without hestitation, and look forward to staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: Take advantage of their special rates that include breakfast and dinner, as the food in the Bistro is excellent, and you have the option of eating outside or in your room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Eudoxxia
James P, Owner at The Peech Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to pass them on to the team. Kind regards, James Peech

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at The Peech for one night at the end of our 18 day Sth African trip and we wish we could have stayed longer. The staff were very friendly and helpful and happy for us to have a late checkout as we had a late flight. We were able to squeeze in a Soweto tour, lunch and a quick swim before heading to the airport. The food was great, large clean rooms and lovely gardens. We will return to the Peech and next time it will be for a few more days.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
James P, Owner at The Peech Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to tell the team & we look forward to seeing you again next year. Kind regards, James Peech

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We only stayed for one night in this nice small hotel who are aiming to be as Eco-friendly as possible (recycling, solar, water capture etc) but without the need to ram their commendable efforts down your neck.

The rooms are large and airy with a large bathroom to match.

The Restraurant was a real surprise. A small menu ensured the food was well prepared and extremely tasty. The staff were attentive and helpful.....even giving our safari driver a free coffee while we sorted ourselves out!

Yep - a real find.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
James P, Owner at The Peech Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to tell our kitchen staff your comments on their food. Kind regards, James Peech

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We didn't expect to find a little hide-out sanctuary in the middle of bustling Melrose. The food was excellent at the Bistro. We enjoyed the steak and the fish was prepared beautifully :-)

We had a leisurely weekend break, a stone throw away from home without dealing with traffic or dirt roads. The focus on green tourism was also very positive. Keep it up.

• Stayed: October 2012
James P, Owner at The Peech Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your comments & I am delighted you felt the bistro food was good. Kind regards, James Peech