“Absolutely stunning...... but read on”
Review of Loveata Bistro - CLOSED

Loveata Bistro
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The food at the restaurant is great, however this specific Tasting and Pairing menu was prepared by one of South Africa's best chefs, Jacque.
Jacque is normally the chef at Licorish at Nicolway centre in Bryanston but I managed to prevail upon him to cook for us at Loveata.
Jacque and Aki are partners in 3 restaurants, Licorice, Loveata in Senderwood and The Green Peppercorn in Rivonia Road all fantastic.
Jacque trains the chefs for the restaurants and Aki heads up the business side of the restaurants.
However if you ask very nicely Jacque will apply his unbelievable skills and prepare a meal for you that you will make tears of joy run down your cheeks.
Honestly, joking aside, his food is simply outstanding and his wine pairings were perfect.
He further, with each course, explained the the food and why he chose that particular pairing.
There were 16 of us at the meal and each and every one of us could not find enough words of praise.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We went to Loveata Bistro yesterday for lunch. It was pleasant to sit on their deck/veranda. We were a party of 5 - all family. The waiters were all very tentative and were at our beck and call. We each ordered a different dish for our main course. They served bread for the table. The food did not take long to come and we were all served at the same time. Each meal was beautifully presented on the plate (I took photos of each dish we ordered). They were very obliging in changing some of the dish ingredients as two of us were on a special diet. There were no complaints except on my dish, the Lamb Shank could have had a bit more sauce - as I neared the end of it, it became a bit dry. The other dish, the Rib-eye steak had quite a lot of sinew and fat and the meat was almost raw inside - we asked for medium rare. (My son, who spoke highly of the place had also eaten the Rib-eye steak there before on another occasion and he said it was amazing.) Other than that, it was a most enjoyable and tasty meal! I did not have any dessert but I was told they were both quite delightful ( Raspberry Panna Cotta & Amarula Crème Brulée). I would recommend the Loveata Bistro to others.