Melleney's Exclusive Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Riboville(Johannesburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsother guestshome away from homebreakfastjhbfacilities
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at Melleney's last week and had a pleasant stay. We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful staff member who directed us to our rooms. I was a little disappointed that we never got to meet Melleney and the morning staff still seemed a little quite and subdued rather than warm and friendly, although no major complaints.

The rooms were very neat and clean but the decor really was very outdated. The furnishing is very standard and adequate, a plastic make up mirror in the cupboard and no bar fridge so after I was in my pj's I didn't want to go through to the lounge area to look for bottled water.

I feel it really needs a bit of an update and I felt like I was staying at my grandmother's rather than at an exclusive guest house. The bathroom screamed 80's with it's bright blue bath and gray tiles and there was no added extras like a little vanity kit with cotton wool and earbuds that I expect when staying in a 5 star spot. I did enjoy the underfloor heating and loved the dainty teacups but it just lacks that the little extras that make it exclusive. The gardens are beautiful and breakfast was good, just the filter coffee jar was low on coffee.

With updated decor, bar fridge in the room and some special touches to the decor this place could be really fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Our second visit and it wont be our last, this really is a special place 5 star in every aspect.
We stayed here before flying home to the UK after touring SA and we flew home much more relaxed this time.
Give it a try, you wont be disappointed

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bertie58
Reviewed December 25, 2010

This is unquestionably a good place to stay. As others have said, the staff is very helpful and friendly, the rooms are wonderful, the lounging areas are nice, and the whole environment is beautiful. The owner's dog is very friendly, too -- especially at breakfast time when there's bacon.

It's not really near anything in terms of walking distance. If you have your own car, or are fine with getting a taxi to/from wherever you want to go, then the location works fine - shopping centers like Nelson Mandela Square are only 10 minutes or so by car, and there's pretty easy freeway access.

All in all a very nice place, I'd absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Otebig
Reviewed May 30, 2010

this hotel is the best ever! i had the most wonderful time of my life, it is beautiful and quiet and the people there are lovely, the food is delicous, the location is perfect. i have to say this was the best holiday of my life, if you are going to johannesburg you have to go here!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anna163
Reviewed January 29, 2009

When we got there it was like going to your own house. All of that security and friendliness was brilliant and the food was excellent especially the orange juice. It is situated near the entire write place and is so beautiful inside and out. The staffs are so friendly they become your friends and the rooms are so comfortable I fell asleep as soon as I touched the bed. It was an amazing experience to go there.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank natnina