We stayed at Rutland House for two nights to recover from our 15 hour trip to SA. Delia couldn't have been more hospitable. We arrived in the early evening, clearly too jet lagged to make it to a nearby restaurant (there are several within safe walking range of the facility), and she made up a bread and butter plate for us.
The facility itself is an enclosed compound with plenty of landscaping. Each room is semi-detached from the others. Ours was spacious and amply accommodated the three of us. It included a mini-fridge, microwave, and tea kettle.
Breakfasts are served in a spacious dining area, with Delia frying up the rashers of bacon and making eggs to order.
Delia also set us up with Chic Macit, who runs a small touring company, to provide transportation to and from the airport, and with a day's sightseeing. We would certainly work with him again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delia Ferguson has been extending a warm welcome to her guests since 1995. Rutland House is centrally situated in a lush half acre garden between Sandton, Rosebank, Hyde Park and Randburg. All the suites and cottages are set away from the main house, each with it's own private patio or garden. The 2 bedroom cottage is ideal for families or long stays. The one bedroom cottage is perfect for the business traveller on a contract. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rutland House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rutland House Bed And Breakfast
- Rutland House Hotel Johannesburg