Johannesburg has a rather daunting reputation to people who don't know it. Four of us (two widow friends and my wife and me) needed an overnight stay there on the way back to Australia from an African safari. We found Rutland House through TripAdvisor. It is not the Ritz but was a comfortable B&B with a lovely British-style garden in an attractive and well-off suburban area. What was special was the help the proprietor, Delia, gave us. Through her, we arranged airport transfers and a day tour. They all worked perfectly. This city that had made us a little apprehensive ended up a successful stopover to finish our trip, thanks to her. Delia was away when we stayed, but her temporary staff looked after us well and made a good breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delia Ferguson has been extending a warm welcome to her guests since 1995. Rutland House is centrally situated in a lush half acre garden between Sandton, Rosebank, Hyde Park and Randburg. All the suites and cottages are set away from the main house, each with it's own private patio or garden. The 2 bedroom cottage is ideal for families or long stays. The one bedroom cottage is perfect for the business traveller on a contract. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rutland House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rutland House Bed And Breakfast
- Rutland House Hotel Johannesburg