Rutland House is a great property in Craig Hall Park estate very near Santon. We were accomodated in the Cottage a lovely two bedroom cottage with a seperate kitchenette and lounge . We were able to gather with our other friends we were were travelling with and have "sun downers" before going out for dinner. Delia cooked the best breakfast every morning a choice of cereal fresh fruit and then a choice of eggs cooked in what every style you wished with a choice of bacon or sausages.(Didn't really need lunch) . Delia organised a driver (Chick) who picked us up on arrival from Johannesburg airport and also a tour through Soweto and the Apartheid Museum .
Chick was very knowledgable and was able to answer all our questions. Delia also recommended a local cafe called Corner Cafe which was only two blocks away and the food was fantastic and very reasonably priced. All in all a great experience and a beautifly place to stay as we felt like we had known Delia for ages . Very clean quiet and safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delia Ferguson has been extending a warm welcome to her guests since 1995. Rutland House is centrally situated in a lush half acre garden between Sandton, Rosebank, Hyde Park and Randburg. All the suites and cottages are set away from the main house, each with it's own private patio or garden. The 2 bedroom cottage is ideal for families or long stays. The one bedroom cottage is perfect for the business traveller on a contract. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rutland House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rutland House Bed And Breakfast
- Rutland House Hotel Johannesburg