“Caroline O”
Review of Tudor Lodge

Tudor Lodge
Ranked #60 of 298 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I recently stayed at Tudor Lodge for a few nights and found the location very conveniently situated to Sandton City. It is very reasonably priced and I believe that they highly deserve their rating by AA Travel Guides of 'HIGHLY RECOMMENDED". I found the lodge extremely clean, the bedding was of a very high quality and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were attentive and friendly and in particular Norma and Mohammed who made me feel extremely welcome. The breakfasts were very good and overall I enjoyed my stay at Tudor Lodge. The rock pool and patio area are amazing and very tranquil. I would recommend Tudor Lodge to anybody requiring a really good Sandton experience.

Room Tip: Room 18 was cosy, separate and in the garden.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I ended up at Tudor Lodge without prior booking after failing to do proper Trip Planning (Sic). They are located strategically close to Sandton’s mass-transit terminal. The personnel were very supportive, and even extended our stay without any fuss. My accommodation was comfortably furnished and reasonably clean - there were some on-going repairs at the time. I recon these premises to be reasonably priced. We had a lovely breakfast next to the swimming pool, with many complementary refills of coffee while I rescheduling our Gauteng visit. Their WiFi access has good coverage and is competitively priced. Overall our stay was quite satisfying :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I spent one night at this lodge. It was in bad state - most of the furniture was very old and used, thus uncomfortable. People in the other rooms were very loud even after 22H00, and the hot water nearly did not work (hours until it became warm). Hotel management does not take responsibility for damages, even if it is clear that it was their fault and if their own employees confirm this.Instead they start to insult.

Room Tip: Avoid this Lodge.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at Tudor Lodge for a night and found Rob and his manager Norma an absolute delight. The service is excellent and friendly , the dinner we had that night absolutely delicious
and the breakfast the next morning very good. Len is an excellent cook ! They are situated close to the Malls and the Highway , which makes it an ideal place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms to the back are spacious and fitted with a Microwave, bar-fridge and coffee-making facilit...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed for a week at Tudor Lodge, it was a very pleasant stay. The room was cozy with traditional Tudor decor. The staff were friendly and helpful. The lodge is very well situated, close to all financial hubs and malls of Joburg. We enjoyed our breakfasts and the fluffy omlette is a must try. I would recommend this place to anyone needing to stay and do business.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Tudor Lodge for over a week as he had a heart procedure done at the near by Sunninghill Hospital. It couldn't have been a more perfect place for us as everyone bent over backwards to help us. Nothing was too much trouble and they went way out of their way to accomodate us. Len drove us anywhere we wanted to go at a moment's notice, Norma and Mohammed cooked us meals and waited on us, Blessing and Pumi kept the room spotless, did the laundry and anything else we needed. Not to mention the wonderful owner, Rob, who keeps everything running smoothly and always has a big smile. It's close to Sandton for shopping and there's always the tortoise, Degwood, who kept us amused. Thank you all, so much, and we can't wait to see you again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank carrhartley
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I am from Kenya and been in South Africa 6 times, and my initial two times I was in a hotel in Sadton. Once I discovered Tudor Lodge, I always feel am at home. Excellent service my warm wellcoming staff lead by their manager Norma. It is usually not easy at times to get this services many places and that touch and feeling that make you long to come back.

Security is tight with armed guards and police station is just opposite the complex. Rooms are clean and tidy with state of art. Food are delicious and breakfast of your choice. Keep up the good work.

Almost forgot the transport is timely, with good directive and advice on where about which I had not received when I had visited the SA 1st time.

Room Tip: They have excellet rooms for all that I had been. Try them and you will difinately experience the be...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business