“wonderful place to stay”
Review of Tudor Lodge

Tudor Lodge
Ranked #69 of 305 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Tudor Lodge for over a week as he had a heart procedure done at the near by Sunninghill Hospital. It couldn't have been a more perfect place for us as everyone bent over backwards to help us. Nothing was too much trouble and they went way out of their way to accomodate us. Len drove us anywhere we wanted to go at a moment's notice, Norma and Mohammed cooked us meals and waited on us, Blessing and Pumi kept the room spotless, did the laundry and anything else we needed. Not to mention the wonderful owner, Rob, who keeps everything running smoothly and always has a big smile. It's close to Sandton for shopping and there's always the tortoise, Degwood, who kept us amused. Thank you all, so much, and we can't wait to see you again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank carrhartley

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I am from Kenya and been in South Africa 6 times, and my initial two times I was in a hotel in Sadton. Once I discovered Tudor Lodge, I always feel am at home. Excellent service my warm wellcoming staff lead by their manager Norma. It is usually not easy at times to get this services many places and that touch and feeling that make you long to come back.

Security is tight with armed guards and police station is just opposite the complex. Rooms are clean and tidy with state of art. Food are delicious and breakfast of your choice. Keep up the good work.

Almost forgot the transport is timely, with good directive and advice on where about which I had not received when I had visited the SA 1st time.

Room Tip: They have excellet rooms for all that I had been. Try them and you will difinately experience the be...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon103
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for a week while on our last trip to SA in Jan. We found the rooms to be very clean and tastefully decorated, the food was lovely and was served promptly. It would be the perfect place for people on business or shoppers as it is close to Sandton. They have a tourist information stand in the dinning area which really helped us with finding things to do in the area. I loved every minute of our stay there and will be returning. We felt like we were staying with friends as the owner and staff were so welcoming and friendly. I recommend Tudor Lodge to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bonnie t
Reviewed May 28, 2012

stayed for one night at this bed and breakfast in the northern suburbs of johannesburg ver close to sandton city. was given a warm welcome and found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. my room was comfortable with crisp percale sheets and enjoyed a pleasant garden view. i enjoyed a substantial breakfast at the rockpool. would highly recommend this establishment to anyone wanting affordable and well located accomodation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank shaan s
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I am from France and I stayed 1 month at the Tudor Lodge where the atmosphere was really warm.
The staff was very friendly and efficient. The room was comfortable, the food very good and the security optimal.
Therefore, I really recommend this place for stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My business colleague and I booked into the Tudor lodge on Saturday 12 may 2012.
Tired,we were met by Mohammed and Norma ,who immediately booked us in,warmly and efficiently.We especially appreciated them offering us some refreshment,almost like a traditional lodge must have been ,200 years ago.
We found the lodge very warm and inviting.The setting from the dining room is magnificient.One is surrounded by trees and a magnificient rock pool.The atmosphere is very tranquil and relaxing.Too think that this oasis exists a few minutes from the hustle and bustle of Sandton.!

Room Tip: Room 9 is very spacious and special.The garden rooms are preferred.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed for a week at Tudor Lodge on the high recommendations from business associates.

A special and heartfelt mention must be made to the manager Norma and her team who went out of their way to ensure my stay was a very worthwhile one.

I enjoyed the recently renovated rooms and felt very warm in the cosy atmosphere. I was completely at ease with the security around the property and was also assured of the very good relationship they have with the armed response companies and local police station, situated not more than 100m away.

Easy access to shopping amenities was a big plus for me.

Exactly what I was looking for - a home away from home. Thanks Tudor Lodge, you will see me back again when I travel back to South Africa.

Next time I hope to see the elusive tortoise!!!

Room Tip: Just ask Norma!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business