“No Excuse”

Cuisines: American
Pretoria, South Africa
“No Excuse”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

They tried to seat five of us at a tiny four-seater table. They were very busy but we would have waited for something else to open up but instead they expected us to somehow try and fit all of our food and drinks and elbows on a table that is a squeeze for four. I have heard the food is very good and I may go there again one day but at the time we were annoyed and left. Just because you're a popular and busy restaurant doesn't mean you should hurriedly throw menus at people and refuse to provide decent service.

• Visited June 2014

Doha, Qatar
“Breakfast.. Breakfast”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I come to this place for breakfast regularly.. I'm never disappointed.. for is great and plentiful.. the service is a bit slow and it shows that they are just there to be there.. but regardless.. I enjoy my breakfast there.. I recommend it to anyone who once thought the Mug Bean in the mall was great.. this is a step above that. (with a bit slower service)

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank B787skipper
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
“Service is rubbish”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

What a disappointment,

We came with 90 seconds of walking out without ordering on a mid afternoon, on.aWednesday as they could not be bothered to come and take an order. The management seem to have selective sight choosing to ignore repeated waves for attention. In the end we went to the person who sat us down to ask if they wanted to serve us.

She wandered off to get a waiter and encountered a number shrugged shoulders - not my table look still some time until someone came out just as we were about to leave.

Whilst waiting for reasonable food, at least one other table walked out as they had not been served, the "manager" suddenly woke up and tried to redeem the situation to no avail. He went to talk to the waiting staff and got the same reaction of "not my table"

Took over 10 minutes to get a bill.

Frankly if you want any food don't go here unless you are prepared to wait a very very long time.

• Visited December 2013
Mauritius
“Calamari starter!!! the best at JB's corner”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Nice resto, nice atmosphere, food are also good there, and excellent service,. The calamari starter is excellent. I shall go at JB's first when i go again to Johannesburg (went to JB's corner at Melrose Arch)

• Visited January 2013
“Creole Chicken Salad”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Abundant, beautifully presented, tasty. Great value for money. I feel like going back tonight for another one..

• Visited September 2013