“What the west rand has been missing”

Les Delices De France
Ranked #23 of 1,315 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We visited Les Delices de France for a family dinner and we have been back there for every family occasion and more. We have not had anything there that was not absolutely out of this world. This is the type of restaurant that the west rand of Johannesburg has been lacking and it is definitely worth driving out to if you are not on the west rand.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We visited this lovely restaurant for Sunday lunch. I had the mussels which were excellent, my partner had the Gravadlax and I would definitely have that next time!. For mains he had the rack of lams and it looked just wonderful and not fatty at all. I chose the Chateaubriand with Bearnaise sauce. I have not tasted such well prepared steak for a long time- delicious! We ended off with the orange souffle- so well done! The chef came to talk to us afterwards- a nice touch. We sat on the outside veranda and it was so peaceful. There were not many tables filled and that is such a surprise as I can only highly recommend this French restaurant! I will be back!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

If you have a steak house palate, this is not for you. The food was simply amazing. Everything was fantastic! I don't believe you can get better food in South Africa at this price, or any other for that matter. It get 5 stars in all departments. I am pleased it's off the beaten track so that it does not become too popular and overrun.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Since my last write up, I went back twice. I must be on drug, as a client wrote in his write up! Yes, I'm! I love the food. The foie gras was exquisite, the canard confit delicious, with some extra cepes. For dessert I had the "opera", again it was just right. Now, the restaurant has a license, no more carrying wine, what a pleasure, as the prices are decent. The chef, Robert, greets us. Madame still has a lovely thick French accent. It is like France, without having to travel so far for lunch. Of course, it is not a franchise, as Johannesburg is so use to it, unfortunately. Very few chefs cook in JHB, as so few have the skill! It is not pretentious food, for Northern suburb snobs, it is food true traditional French food, prepare the way it should be. The brioche are absolutely excellent. If you love food go there, it you go for show off, stay with Tashas or equivalent and enjoy plastic food! If that is to be on drugs, well, I'm addicted.....

Reviewed March 23, 2014

All I can say is AMAZING... Beautiful Food and the Soufflés are a definite must... Great ambience... For all those food lovers who enjoy something different