“Whoopa!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We celebrated my Mom's 82nd birthday lunch at Babylon Again - her favourite restaurant. We were once again so spoilt with lovely food and friendly service from Veronica our waitress. Food is outstanding and my favourite remains Lamb in Pita (although I was a bit shocked when I realized my treat has now become quite an expensive one at R99) but it was decilicious. The rest of our group were licking their fingers, so no complaints there. There was a platter to share which was filled with scrumptious seafood and greek treats which looked amazing, and we also had the Lamb wrap with chips - all delicious. From the kiddies menu we ordered Chicken Kebab which was the best I've ever seen for its was a lovely plump and juicy chicken kebab perfectly cooked and a generous helping for a hungy 2 year old boy who finished all his food with room for a bite of Bar One Chocolate cake which was shared! My Mom loved every bite and completed her birthday with a wafer bowl of Ice Cream and Chocolate sauce which she thoroughly enjoyed. We always go back since it remains one of families' favourites in Randburg. Compliments to the Chef and staff. Happy Birthday Mom! 83 next year - I'm booking our table!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went to Babylon again for a romantic supper. We sat upstairs and had a lovely view over Brightwater Common. It was also nice and quiet upstairs. As it got later, the place got busier, but it was never full or noisy. There were little lamps on the table, which could be romantic but was probably meant for the mosquitoes.

Babylon again specializes in Mediterranean food, but the menu definitely leans toward Greek food. The prices of most dishes are quite expensive compared to the other restaurants around Babylon Again. There are several more affordable options, but then it is dishes such as schnitzel or moussaka and much smaller portions. If you feel like breaking a few plates, you pay R7 per plate.

For starters we had the spicy salmon salad and Greek Maki - we have never had Greek maki before and wanted to see what it was like. The spicy salmon salad was really quite spicy but very tasty. The maki had olives in and were not bad either.

For the main meal we had the oxtail stew and the kleftiko. Both were delicious, but quite expensive. For main meals you can choose between having chips or two vegetables. We also had sangria and some cocktails - the sangria was disappointing as it tasted more like a cordial, but the cocktails were very tasty.

The service was good, the food was good, but considering the price of the dishes we will probably only go there for special occasions.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Apparently this restaurant is closing down when the Brightwater Commons complex is going to be revamped, and the resignation shows in the service and food. Why would they try when the end is in sight. The service was slow to non-existant. Food was very average - I can do better at home. It was a Saturday night at month end and the restaurant was less than 1/2 full - so I recon other people had had the same experience.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Was very decent service, although the beer could have been better chilled.

Food was excellent - no complaints there. This was the restaurant in the Brightwater Commons mall.

Affordable cocktails and decent wine.

Will return, surely.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I go here at least 3 times a month, and the food is always great and consistent. Fresh, affordable, nice specials, good a la carte, attentive staff and owners. Best chicken in Joburg