“Too busy”

Doppio Zero Rosebank
Ranked #45 of 1,183 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durban, South Africa
“Too busy”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Is it possible for somewhere to be too busy? Yes! I felt traumatised when i left. Too many people and too much happening. It might have been better if the weather had have allowed us to eat outside but it was a cold day and EVERYONE was inside.

Visited September 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Liked it so much, we ate there twice!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Doppio Zero was recommended by a friend who lives in the area. We were stunned by how tasty the food was -- right from the complimentary bread through to our appetizers (fried calamari), mains (a variety of excellent pastas), and truly amazing mint lemonade.

In addition to the great food, the staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is casual, with a dash of upscale flair. Our kids liked it so much that we went again when we passed through Joburg again a week later.

Note: A great place to eat if you are shopping in Rosebank. The Africa Craft market is about 2 minutes walk away.

Visited August 2013
Kigali, Rwanda
“BBQ ribs”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

So my friend told me about this place that had the best ribs in Joberg and shes lived there for quite a while and eats out quite a bit so I trusted they would be good but my expectations did not match the reality. The bbq ribs were really excellent. The portugeese source generously lathered on the ribs added an explosion of flavour. As my friend told me - the best part is that they taste even better the next day. The portion is 850g I was there twice in my packed two week holiday and I never managed to eat more than 200g in one sitting. The rest was packed and taken home - and tasted even better the following day! Service isnt that great particularly when they have large groups of people but the ribs make the wait absolutely work it and you can splurge on a choice of cocktails while you wait. The interesting thing is that the bbq ribs are a special only at the rosebank doppio zero in the firs. Not seen on the menu in sandton mall. If you love meat and pork ribs .... definitely give this a try when you are in joberg!

• Visited July 2013
“Dreadful service, generally poor food”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very disappointing. The Salt and Pepper Calamari was so overcooked it was inedible and had to be sent back and was replaced. The Slow Cooked Pork Belly was so tough it was inedible. No exaggeration, the mouthful I was given took me 2-3 minutes to chew enough to swallow. That was bad enough but when we got the bill we decided that because of the dreadful food and the inattentive service we weren't prepared to leave a tip. As we left the female manager stood in our way and demanded to know why we hadn't left a tip. I did my best to explain that it hadn't been deserved. Rest assured we will NOT be going back.

• Visited June 2013