“Good service, good food”
Review of Coobs

Coobs
Ranked #40 of 1,304 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Went with a large table, which changed numbers 3 times - 14 to 10 back to 12 - they coped admirably with all the changes, managed to produce all our food at the same time, and it all tasted absolutely delicious.
Special commendations to Adolf, who attended to all our needs with superb professionalism... Only small quibble was that there weren't any churros - but my dessert was delicious, nonetheless.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The food was excellent. Service superb and the choice great. We had so much fun and the waiters were exceptional. Will be back soon. Gave a complimentary dinner to friends as we were so impressed

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We now regularly eat at this fabulous spot. A group of eight of us ate there on Saturday night and everyone raved . The risotto is always spectacular and their duck memorable. We generally don't eat dessert but at Coobs you can't resist.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Hugely disappointing........way more better options in Parktown North for a similar price. Good service and "vibe"', but if you want good food then this is NOT the place for you!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have been keen to eat here for a while, really liking the concept behind the restaurant (ingredients largely sourced from own farm). I took my foodie sister along, and having read the reviews on this restaurant and finding them very mixed, I managed our expectations. The restaurant itself works well and the atmosphere was very pleasant. The service was acceptable, could be improved in that I had to call the waiter over to take our order, we were abandoned by him after he brought our drinks. Onto the food, I really liked the menu - the food sounded interesting and delectable - 5 stars. I am not usually a 'starter' person, but in this case there were interesting enough items to tempt me. My sister and shared our starters, mains and dessert - so I tasted a fair selection on the menu. The presentation of the food was very good and here Coobs deserves 5 stars. BUT the food undelivered on taste! Both my sister and I found that the food taste and flavours simply did not live up to the expectations. I would cautiously recommend Coobs, only because the reviews are so mixed. Perhaps we chose the wrong items from the menu. Not sure that I would go back though, as there are many other good restaurants in and around Parkhurst.