Tripadvisor

More Info
from $19.88
More Info
1,532 results
All reviews red bus soweto tour day ticket apartheid museum hop on hop transport museum constitution hill carlton centre start early audio guide gold reef city world of beer inner city jo burg earphones driver extension
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2020

This is worth doing to get an overview of the large, far flung city of Johannesburg. Make sure you are seated near a headphone outlet that works before you get settled in (headphones provide a pre-recorded guide to the site seeing, and it is worth listening to). There were multiple outlets that did not work, so we had to move around to find two seats together with two working outlets allowing us both to listen.

Another minor con was that the red and green line are two separate lines, one of which is fairly short. You can get on to the other, longer bus at an exchange point, but it seems pointless and a bit of a hassle to do it this way . Why not just have one line and if people want to get off they can but they should have to get off and on another bus to take the longer tour?

1  Thank Miller1036
Reviewed January 12, 2020

I have to confess, I don't remember the exact time we went.

My sister-in-law and I made a snap decision to go on one of the tours, so we booked via the internet, headed down to Zoo Lake to hop on. It was great fun to look over the walls of places I have driven passed so often.

When we got to Gold Reef City, we made yet another snap decision and headed off on the Soweto Tour. It was great, we actually both wanted it to be longer.

The only hiccup is that when we got back to Gold Reef City, we got on the bus to go back to where we started only to be dropped off at Constitution Hill because that was the end of the working day!

Needless to say, my husband absolutely cracked up when we phoned him to be rescued (I am known for getting things wrong ). While waiting for him we were able to sneak in to see the Constitutional Court as well as the collection of art.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed January 9, 2020

I live in Jozi and this was an unexpected treat! The open bus is awesome, the audio is what makes the whole trip- very well done. My kids had their own audio track and keep reciting facts back to me about fever trees and space :) so cute! we left at 11h30 and got off and constitution hill- well that was an absolute HIGHLIGHT! BE WARNED! You must get there for a tour guide, and there is only a tour on the hours and they won't wait. The guided tour is UNBELIEVABLY good- so informative so fun so sad to see what had happened. We then hopped back on the bus and just did the loop around- it is hard to stop and look around with kids , but i would have liked to have gotten off at Sci Bono. If you want to really max your time, i would have a big breakfast, pack a proper lunch and spend literally the whole day on the bus. I have done Apartheid Museum before, and it is a must!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Well run, hop on, hop off bus service covering wide area of Johannesburg. Safe and reliable enabling visitors to see a number of the city’s main attractions.

Reviewed January 1, 2020

Best option to visit attractions in Johannesburg in reasonable price .Frequency of buses is appropriate and well streamlined . I joined Soweto Tour , 1 day tour with free 3 attractions . Places of bus stop are well marked , drivers are helping nature and supportive .