“Relaxing Restaurant”

Coco Bongo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent food, good value for money and great service
If you sit outside on the balcony you do have a beautiful view over the casino

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We visited this restaurant and were served very poor food. The steak was not the cuts we ordered. They appeared to be passing off cheaper cuts as prime and charging top dollar for it. Complaints to the waiter fell on deaf ears, the manager took my card an told me the owner would phone me regarding my complaint. You guessed it the owner never called. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone!!!

2  Thank ExplorerZA2602
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Visiting from Newcastle, Australia and coming back to my hometown of Fourways, I was impressed by Coco Bongo when we visited them one Tuesday evening in search of some good food and cocktails with friends.

The restaurant wasn't too busy and it's always a bit awkward when you enter a restaurant and there are 10-15 waiters at the front door, but this was soon overcome by the friendliness of Donald our waiter and the nice view from the balcony upstairs. Cocktail selection was very good although they had run out of Pina Colada mix. We also had very nice prawns (not the best I've ever had but at R99 a kg it was well worth it).

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant in Monte that I'd passed many times before and wondered if it was any good.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Crowd of 6 of us and we all enjoyed our meals. Pricing is the same as the rest of the restaurants in Montecasico. Not cheap but the portions are well sized. Wine was good too :)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a great meal with our overseas friends. The food is huge on a huge plate. They know what their doing. No hassles with the food, but the starter is a meal on its own. Very generous portions, and good food.