“Good cocktails and specials”
Review of Coco Bongo - CLOSED

Coco Bongo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Visiting from Newcastle, Australia and coming back to my hometown of Fourways, I was impressed by Coco Bongo when we visited them one Tuesday evening in search of some good food and cocktails with friends.

The restaurant wasn't too busy and it's always a bit awkward when you enter a restaurant and there are 10-15 waiters at the front door, but this was soon overcome by the friendliness of Donald our waiter and the nice view from the balcony upstairs. Cocktail selection was very good although they had run out of Pina Colada mix. We also had very nice prawns (not the best I've ever had but at R99 a kg it was well worth it).

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant in Monte that I'd passed many times before and wondered if it was any good.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Crowd of 6 of us and we all enjoyed our meals. Pricing is the same as the rest of the restaurants in Montecasico. Not cheap but the portions are well sized. Wine was good too :)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a great meal with our overseas friends. The food is huge on a huge plate. They know what their doing. No hassles with the food, but the starter is a meal on its own. Very generous portions, and good food.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I wanted to eat something traditional, they recommended me pork and came with 1 kilo portion which was fantastic!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My steak order was taken incorrectly - it came well done rather than 'medium rare.' I was offered a sauce with my steak and although there was no mention of any sauce or price on the menu, when the bill came there was a charge.

The manager did not seem at all concerned about the fact that they were charging for things that weren't included on the menu.

Given the number of choices in Montecasino for similar food, I would never go back