“Truly an out of this world experience and a holiday of a lifetime.”

Go Safari - Day Safaris
$734.72*
and up
2 Night 3 day Safari to the Big Five Pilanesberg National Parkfrom Johannesburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Safari specialize in families, couples and small groups so with us you are not just a number you are a special guest. We do not have scheduled departures. Go Safari will arrange your personalised dream safari to Southern Africa. On our Kruger Park Safaris, Pilanesberg Safaris, Madikwe Safaris we only use Private Safari Lodges, Victoria Falls, Botswana Safaris, Cape Town, luxury trains and road transfers to suit your budget and requirements can be arranged.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Started or Super Safari with Susan picking us from our hotel and driving us to Pilanesburg. She has extensive knowledge about South Africa and all through tbe trip upto Bakubung she shared it with us.She has an unique and efective way of explaining things and gave us a lot of information on SA a d kept us entertained. After a super duper 2 night stay at the Bakubung Lodge we were picked up by Susan time and driven back via Pretoria to JNB airport.Needless to say Susan kept us entertained through the journey. Highly recommended.

GoSafariSA, Owner at Go Safari - Day Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hi, thank you for the great review and comments, we really appreciate you taking time to post the review. I am glad you and your family had an enjoyable time at Bakubung, it is a good and family friendly lodge. I am glad Susan took excellent care of you and i will pass your message onto her. I certainly hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you and your family again - may be a safari to the Kruger Park next.
Thanks you

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I made a short 4 days trip in two game reserves near the Kruger Park. I haven't been in SA so far and took the opportunity to combine my business trip with some days of vacation. Go Safari did great recommendations that allowed me to experience two different views of landscape and wild-life. All was well organized and so I got a great first glimpse of that beautiful country and its wild-life. A good reason to come back!

GoSafariSA, Owner at Go Safari - Day Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hi Philipp
Thanks for the great review, it was a please arranging the Kruger Safari for you and you are correct it is nice to visit and experience two lodges if you have the time. I am looking forward to arranging your next safari when you are out here in SA again.
Thanks

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Such a fantastic team at Go Safari!

I really can't thank them enough for making my overnight safari at Pilanesberg National Park so wonderful. I was travelling for the week with work so organized this safari only a month before my trip.

The team are great to deal with and processed things very efficiently. As I had not been to Johannesburg before and was unsure of what to expect I was pleasantly surprised to be picked up on time from my hotel by the lovely Pierre, such an awesome guy!

The drive to the park was great with lots to see along the way. The van is comfortable and air conditioned.The stop at the markets was fun and the people on the tour with me were great to chat with.

They organized for me to stay at the Bakubung Lodge which was truly a pleasant experience and I was fortunate enough to enjoy 3 safari trips seeing a really range of animals. I was lucky enough to see 3 of the big five and 4 of the ugly five so a really successful trip.

I'd highly recommend using Go Safari and I hope to be back in South Africa to take a trip to Kruger with them in the future. Thanks Team!!!

*Would definitely recommend this trip for both group and solo travelers, you are very well looked after and feel safe at all times.

GoSafariSA, Owner at Go Safari - Day Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Hi Claire, thank you for taking time and for posting such a nice review. I am glad you had a good week end in Pilanesberg and that we could help with the extra game drive. Three out of the Big five is good, you hardly ever see buffalo in Pilanesberg but when you are out here again and we take you to a private lodge in the Kruger we will be able to complete the big five for you. Thanks for the compliments about Pierre, it is always good to here that our guides take excellent care of our guests.
Looking forward to meeting you again and taking you to the Kruger.
Thanks

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We made a three day trip to Pilanesberg National Park with the family. Go safari answered all my emails and questions immediately and comprehensive. They also organized, that our youngest sonvcould join the safari too. The whole trip flew smoothly and we learned a lot about Africa on our way to the Park. We really appreciated that Susan and Pieter picked us up and drove us personally to the Lodge.

Hi "Lordbutz", thank you for writing the review, it is greatly appreciated. It was a pleasure to help you and arrange your trip to Pilanesberg. Bakubung is a good lodge to go to with children, I had to speak nicely to the game drive department but due to our good relationship with them they agreed to allow your youngest on the open vehicle drives. It was a pity i did not get to meet you but I know Susan and Pieter took good care of you.
Thanks once again

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great trip! We were picked up at 10, drive to the Lodge for a luxury lunch and then at 4PM the first game drive. The guide was enthusiastic and knowledgeable and we got to see Zebras, Warthogs, Impala's, Kudus, Gnus, Giraffes, Rhinos, Hippos, Lions and Elephants. Most impressive was seeing an Elephant mother + young pass by our truck at less than 10 metres.
Next morning at 5:30AM we did another trip and added to the list Baboons and a Spitting Cobra.

GoSafariSA, Owner at Go Safari - Day Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Hi Bert, thank you for taking the time to write this great review. Pity I only met you briefly at the market, but Steven did say you had a good trip. You where lucky to see the Cobra that is quite rare. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Bakubung and I hope we can arrange another "safari" for you on your next visit to South Africa.
Thanks Glen