“Nice venue for anniversary dinner”
Review of Turn and Tender

Turn and Tender
Ranked #48 of 1,208 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Nice venue for anniversary dinner”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Nice ambience with views across Glenvista. The food ordered by my wife and myself was excellent.Our waitress was very attentive.

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Lusaka, Zambia
“Second time around and still winners”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I travel a lot in less 'civilised' places so when I get to the city and start shelling out my hard earned dollars, I expect the service and goods. Unfortunately, did not finds much of this in Johannesburg and Pretoria, until I returned to this favourite. Staff again friendly and we commented on their professionalism. These are career waiters, not fly by nights. We were well informed of the menu and specials and service prompt. Starters of butternut and a seafood soup and biltong platter great. Mains of T Bone, Fillet, Sirloin and Rump were all as ordered and delicious. Had a great bottle of wine and finally a really good Irish Coffee. We left well satisfied and ready for the next sortie into the bush! This is one of the best restaurants I have ever dined in.

London, United Kingdom
“Great Steak”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Excellent steak tartare and amazing fillet! Great atmosphere and view, plus the service is very good and the wine list has some really good reds.

Pretoria, South Africa
“Realy Great Steak”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have to complement the guys at Turn and Tender. Your food is fantastic and your service great. One of the best steaks I have ever had. Awesome!

Clarens, Free State, South Africa
“What a great experience!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Nicolway branch with a few mates on Mon 4 Nov, and it was incredible! We were seated on the deck outside, and the view alongside the lighting of the place was amazing! We were shortly greeted by the owner, who made us feel very welcome and made sure that we were offered a visual description of their famous steaks, well presented by Oscar, our waitron.. Who by the way, was unbelievable!! Oscar was welcoming, funny, and all round just an excellent host of our table. Thanks to Emily as well for her professional nature and friendliness.. our steaks were cooked to absolute perfection, the wine was incredible (and flowing), and the value for money was without fail! We will return as often as we possibly can. Thank you and very well done guys!!

Aden Carl Allan.