“Second time - even better!”
Review of Turn and Tender

Turn and Tender
Ranked #61 of 1,314 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was invited to the Turn n' Tender for the second time and enjoyed it even more than the first time. The fillet steak was perfectly medium done, nice pink-brown color, soft juicy and tasty. The service was more than excellent and the atmosphere - just great! Will definitely return again, when I have a chance. Thanks to the team!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We regularly visit the Turn and Tender in Bassonia (Comaro View). Just on Monday we had a finger licking good racks of ribs - yes racks! Soft and tender and juicy to say the least. The veggies were simply delicious - cabbage, pumpkin, creamed spinach and I had a baked potato with sour cream all inclusive! To top it all I chose to have a virgin strawberry diaquiri which took me through lunch. I couldn't finish this meal and the friendly staff were happy to pack my doggy bag. I had to keep space for dessert - my weakness is the Bar One Cheesecake! to my disappointment, they were out of this! But the friendly waiter was back to explain this and offer me some other options. I settled for the Choc Volcano! - there was no looking back. Managment was always visible and happy to please. The next day we returned for cuppacino and more choc volcano and this time i had my cheesecake! Try it, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Wow, I would rate this as the best steakhouse in Johannesburg after having dined here a few times. Not the best atmosphere (noisy, so not great for intimate dinners) but good for business lunches and dinners especially with international guests.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went to the Bryanston Turn and Tender and had a fantastic meal! The portions are very big and steaks were cooked to perfection. My fillet with pepper sauce was wonderful. The escargots were deliciously prepared in a creamy sauce unlike anything I'd ever tried before, but it was excellent!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The tables are very close together for a start. We waited for 10 minutes before we were asked if we would like a drink. I had snails as a starter and wish I hadn't as the sauce was not very nice at all. The intense flavour of brandy was very overpowering. My main of ribeye was not a very good steak at all. It had little flavour and was tough. I tried a bit of rump that my partner had and wished I had ordered that, as it had a nice flavour.