I'm always fascinated by the loony fringe on social media sites. Yours, Plated, is of particular interest to me for the following reasons:
1. My daughter, Sarah, wrote the Joburg's Darling review to which you refer.
2. I have been to the Rusty Lady numerous times, and believed she would enjoy it; so I invited her to join me and, if she so chose, to write her JD blog about it.
3. One of the reasons I gave her was that the vibe, and menu, were right up her street.
4. So, she came along with me and was very impressed on all counts, and her blog/review was an honest reflection of her experience. Remember, Plated, she wasn't writing about your experience; that's not her job.
5. Joburg's Darling bloggers pay for their own meals when visiting a place for review purposes. Joburg's Darling doesn't pay, or reimburse the bloggers (odd, I agree). Neither does JD vet or edit the reviews. The restaurant owners and staff were entirely unaware that she was there to write a review.
6. To suggest that my daughter was either offered or accepted a bribe is untrue and, worse, libellous. So if your cojones are as big as your mouth, Plated, perhaps you would like to respond with your name and email address, and we can take this further.
7. I was at the Rusty Lady this evening, and will be back next week. Partly for the friends and vibe, and partly because I still have to make my way through the rather fabulous and varied menu. I just love the place.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.