“Love Puri Thai”
Review of Puri Thai Massage

Puri Thai Massage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Puri means "wisdom" in Thai, and we want to bring to South Africa the wisdom of experiencing ancient Thai massage the way it's practiced in modern Bangkok -- clean, professional, stylish and affordable. We want to make it possible for you to make massage part of your normal routine, not an extravagance for special occasions.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Been to Puri Thai (Parkhurst branch) several times and always go home feeling utterly relaxed and satisfied. I am going next week to try their new Sandton branch - can't wait!

2  Thank impcat

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Dear Traveller

I enjoyed Puri, actually thinking of it now makes me want to immediately leave my office, abandon my emails and run of to the arms of Thai women. Sounds strange but true. Its a beautifully renovated spa, the treatments are good and comprehensive. The prices are market related for spas in that area. The therapists are kind, humble and incredibly strong. You can actually let go because you feel as if you are in a safe space. They have extended hours, so its convenient. Enjoy your time there,I know I did, I may even see you there soon :)

2  Thank Beefycarpet
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had been to Thailand several times and had experienced authentic Thai massages on numerous occasions. I liked those that twisted and contorted me into some insane positions. Puri Thai Massage in Johannesburg is one of them and I was able to book an appointment the night before, making it a rare and delightful treat (after two weeks of intensive dance rehearsals in Johannesburg).

I liked Puri Thai Massage for its:
1. authentic Thai masseurs
2. clean and quiet environment
3. no pressure to tip the masseur (although I tipped her)
4. able to pay by credit card here
5. able to book one night in advance for an appointment on Sunday.
6. Open seven days a week.

Tip no. 1-how to get there:
1. I took a local "taxi" for less than 10 Rand (those that you raised your hand and point down to go local) from Barry Hertzog Avenue at Melville (I stayed at 9th Street then) towards Parkhurst's direction
2. I alighted at Victory Road (where a petrol station is)
3. I crossed at the traffic lights and walked along Victory Road towards 6th Street for about 15 minutes
4. And Puri Thai Massage can be easily located on the other side of the road.

Tip no. 2-what to do next:
1. Walk to 4th Avenue where the cafes and restaurants are (much busier than Melville's 7th Street).

3  Thank JCPY