“Private Soweto Tour? ...go for it with Catz Tours!!!”

Catz Tours & Safaris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Our World of Tours, with true South African hospitality we provide popular day tours in Johannesburg, senior citizen trips and tour packages in Southern Africa. Come and meet South Africans and enjoy our beautiful country. We specialize in, Johannesburg & Soweto and Pilanesberg National Park. We’re passionate about helping our guests to experience and enjoy everything that we can offer in our continent of Africa and, we really like what we do as your hosts. Visit our web site for further info or e-mail us.
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had some guests from Europe during Christmas and New Year in December 2011 and being 7 persons we wanted to do a private Soweto Tour. Browsing the internet we gladly found Catz Tours and applied for an enquiry by email. We have been contacted very quickly and friendly and got our quote. The suggested tour covered every interesting aspect you can expect from such a tour and the price was more than reasonable compared to other competitors. We’ve been picked up by Henry at our home in time and after having talked about what we would like to see and to do exactly we started our tour. We’ve been impressed by the abundance of qualified information Henry gave us during the tour. He was disposed at any time to make an extra stop or to change the program accordingly to our wishes/expectations and we appreciated his pleasant company very much. We really felt very welcome all the time, the service provided was outstanding and everything worked without any difficulties and in the way we agreed upon/expected before!

I’m so happy being able now to share on TripAdvisor with everyone our extraordinary positive experience we had with Annekie’s and Henry’s Catz Tours and I’ll not get tired of recommending their services….you really can not go wrong in booking tours with Catz Tours - I guarantee that you’ll be more than satisfied having chosen Catz Tours and you’ll not find a better one…so go for it now! Many thanks again to Annekie and Henry for their amazing competency, reliability and friendliness and that you made the Soweto Tour such an unforgettable experience!!! Dear Annekie and Henry we hope you’ll go on like this and wish you striking success in the future as you really deserve it! Simone from Joburg

1  Thank Lady_Liberty_2007
Catz T, Owner at Catz Tours & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Simone it was such a pleasure to take you and your guests on tour in December. You can see that Henry really loves guiding and with such a lovely group of people it makes the tours even better. We really try our best to respond quickly and keep our rates reasonable with value for money and in a private tour it is great with flexiblity during the tour as we can adjust to your interests.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Found Catz Tours via the Internet as I wanted to go on a day safari to Pilanesburg National Park. No colleagues to join me, so it became a private safari.
Henry -friendly ex fireman- picked me up very early morning at my B&B and took me around. A practical stop to buy some food and drink to take along, go to ATM and a toilet. Henry knew the park very well, he knew where to look for which animals, and politely exchanged information on the whereabouts of the animals with othe people visiting the park. He brought a CD with animal sounds, and when he turned on the volume with the windows of the car open. the animals responded to it. This definitely added to the experience!

1  Thank Karen B

Glad that you enjoyed your private safari in Pilanesberg. We love visiting PIlanesberg and to see all the animals in their natural enviroment. The CD is great to listen to as you are able to hear all the different sounds the animals make, especially the Rhino's.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

If anyone's suspicious that these reviews were posted so closed together in time, I should say I was prompted, but as it happens I very much agree with the positive reviews. I visited Johannesburg on business in Feb 2012, and allowed 4 days (too little) for exploring and recreation. I was lucky to contact Catz Tours after trouble arranging something with another tour company, who had been recommended but I found a bit unhelpful. Annekie and Henry were very friendly and accommodating and set up a day's excursion to Pilanesberg National Park in short order. My main recommendation for a day trip would be to get a good night's sleep and get up as early as possible (so you can get the best chances for viewing before it gets too hot for the animals). Of course you can't guess what bird and mammal life you will see, but Henry was good at managing expectations while tracking it down with sharp eyes. Blue wildebeest, elephants, baboons, go-away birds, marabou storks and steppe buzzards, warthogs were stunning, and although only a national park since 1977, the landscape of Pilanesberg is beautiful and somehow moving. Henry was a knowledgeable and entertaining guide, obviously enthusiastic about wildlife and the country, and never seemed to grow tired of questions about the flora and fauna, even if we had to resort to his bird book once or twice!

1  Thank Cedric K

Thank you so much for the review. Henry had a great time with you in Pilanesberg and keeps on telling me about the new birds that you saw - he marked them in his book. Your are quite correct about getting a good night's sleep as getting up early and then looking for the animals, birds and just enjoying the fresh air can really make you tired. Just happy that you enjoyed your time in Pilanesberg

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had limited time and money. Both were well spent with Henry and Annekie and their Catz Tours over two days. We were grateful for their empathy, their wisdom, and their experience. Henry took us to a private game park near Jo'burg: good company and a knowledgeable guide. Annekie had the tougher job, guiding us through Soweto and other places notorious in the apartheid era and embracing the new South Africa. It had its emotional moments for her and us. Her commitment to the economic hopes and self-help of a sprawling Black African squatter camp was impressive. We were a tough client; we'd come to South Africa to see its people and evolving societies. That Henry and Annekie are Afrikaners who have embedded themselves in the sometimes troubling changes made them all the more impressive. South Africa isn't the Promised Land yet but listen to them, let them talk. What we learned was important and we still retell stories they told us.

1  Thank mediacritic
Catz T, Owner at Catz Tours & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words. It is very important to us that our guests get the real experience, information and see the real people that make our country South Africa so special. We are still working on making SA the promised land and with friends like you behind us, we will do it. Was great to also hear that in the middle of your wilderness you met up with people that was on tour with us, what a coincidence. Just glad they also had a great experience

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I entrusted my family, including my two sons, to the care of Katz Tours in South Africa. I was richly rewarded by my trust. Henry and Annekie met my family at the airport, whisked us away to a lovely B&B, and then took us on the most magnificent holiday that my family and I had ever had. We went to Krueger Park for safari and we were quite impressed with the tour operators knowledge about all the different animals that we saw. Most of all, they are lovely people who really care about us. I recommend them to my friends who travel to South Africa and everyone has had an equally positive experience. Henry and Annekie even drove to Mozambique to rescue me once when I was stranded by another tour operator. I look upon them as friends, not just tour operators.

2  Thank Donna M
Catz T, Owner at Catz Tours & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

What a wonderful family you are. Those boys stole my heart, we had such great fun together. That lioness that walked right next to our car and called for her mate and then the mate appearing out of the bushes also calling. this is a memory that we will always treasure. Then that trip to Mozambique, oh my goodness what an experience for you but just so glad that we could help you. Can't wait until you come to South africa again