“Great”

Licorish Bistro
Ranked #5 of 1,208 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We merge the classic and the contemporary to create fusion between food and culture for a new South African palate. We're at the Nicolway Shopping Centre, Bryanston
“Great”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Fantastic food and service. Will go back again for sure!!
The tasting plates are great ideas and work very well to give you a taste of everything.

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Unbelievable Beef Tasting Plate... Lamb Cigars bland...”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Recently took my wife to lunch at Licorish for her birthday... Prior booking made with ease. Waiters were very helpful, but were a tad confused regarding available wines by glass... The butter chicken starter was simply delightful, very good flavors. For mains, I tried the beef tasting plate on recommendation from friends and waiter...WOW, it lived up to expectation and made to perfection, especially the mustard flavored portion... Unfortunately the lamb tasting plate wasn't available for my wife (we were told some things were out of stock!), so she settled on the Lamb Cigars, while well presented, it lacked flavor (frankly just bland)...

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jon M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummiest meal”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was one of my yummiest meals, I had Kudu fillet which was so tender, flavour some and a delight to the taste buds. I am a fillet fan but not a game person so this was daring in itself. All I can say I am really thrilled that this was my choice. Then for dessert I shared the Amarula source and chocolate pastry fingers. This was nice, very rich it's best to share this dessert. The rest of
our group had Salmon which was so divine, bunny chow also yum, and lamb cigars apparently yum. Our waiter was superb. Great vibe. Will be going back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Anthea C
“Great memories”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I went on my first date in August 2013 with my now Boyfriend, it was both our first time here, we loved the breakfast, we had to go back again just to make sure it wasn't the promise of a new romance that made the food taste amazingly delicious. The food and atmosphere was as god as the first time and we are regulars there now. The staff are very friendly and i am always curious what the chef has on offer everytime.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Ndaka
Sandton, South Africa
“Quick lunches, great food and leisurely dinners”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Prompt, efficient service delivers delicious food EVERYTIME! The tasting menus provides excellent variety in BIGGER bite sized portions that leaves you satisfied with an explosions of tastes (although the lamb taster is mediocre). Fish, fillet and fantastic desserts.

• Visited July 2014