“A bit of English in Rivonia”
Review of Slug and Lettuce

Slug and Lettuce
Ranked #847 of 1,210 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Sandton, South Africa
“A bit of English in Rivonia”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

great atmosphere in a complex with plenty free secure parking. A complete menu with great starters. I enjoyed the chilli popers with my draft and my wife the calamari which was soft and succulent (excellent).

• Visited July 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice Ambiance”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is good restaurant to hang out with friends, The ambiance is super cool. Friendly and courteous staff with quick service. Lot of options are available for draft beer lovers. Nice place to spend and afternoon/evening with friends.

• Visited June 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Surprisingly good food!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

A few colleagues and I went there for a lunch. We sat outside on the pavement, which had a nice atmosphere.
They had a nice selection of beer, and I had something on tap (I can't remember which one) and it was icy cold and delicious.
I can't remember exactly what we all had, but we were all VERY happy with our food.
We will definitely be back.
(The only thing is that one shouldn't expect "pub food" prices, it is a bit on the expensive side, although there were cheaper options on the menu)

• Visited November 2012
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Very funky”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love this European feel in South Africa remind me of home;) Great service, fantastic location and friendly staff. Well done Slag and Lettuce!

Visited November 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Forget the Snake Bite at this one!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We went to watch the Champions League Final between Chelsea and Bayon Munich there. We ordered Snake Bites, but were disappointed. They made it in an extra small draught glass and the black current ended up being overpowering and tasted nothing like the ones you get at other Slug and Lettuce restaurants. We were a big group of about 12 and most had dinner. With the exception of one steak that was completely over cooked after ordering rare, we had a good time.

• Visited May 2012