“Always a good meal with great service”
Review of Spetada

Spetada
Ranked #71 of 1,237 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A Continental Grill with a Portuguese Flavour serving a selection of Aged meat , Fresh Fish and Chicken dishes
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great relaxing and enjoyable. I have had many meals with friends here, and have always had a great time, with great food. the waiters have always been very friendly and helpfull in every manner. I have very high expectations, when it comes to food and the overall ambiance. I was not disapointed here, I highly recommend you add this to your list of great places to eat

1  Thank Good_time_Ahead

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at Spetada with some friends. The service is great and waiters have a good knowledge of the menu, making some good suggestions. The food however is where Spetada shines. Excellent preparation and great presentation! Definitely one to add on you list for regular visits.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am in actual fact writing this review as I sit in this lovely restaurant!!! Having walked past it three weeks ago whilst on a business trip up from Cape Town, I promised myself I would try it out on my return. What a pleasant surprise.... Besides the exquisite ambiance, I had the pleasure of being served by Owen who was wonderful! Dining on one's own as a female is never a particularly great experience, however I was made to feel completely at home. The menu caters for all appetites and I was privileged to enjoy a delicious Calamari and Haloumi salad - fantastic!!!! Spetada is going to be a regular for me from now on!!!!!!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Four of us visited Spetada on Sunday 16 - selected as the one restaurant in the Firs in Rosebank, at which we we had not yet eaten. The other restaurants in the area are all good and well known to us, so our expectations were quite high.
What a pleasant surprise!
The decor was mainly white and easy on the eye, with good furniture, inside, partially outside and outside table choices facing out into a pleasant piazza shared with other eateries. Nice for people watching:)
Service was good with effective guidance on questions about the dishes - and the shared starter specials
We shared 3 starters which were discounted as a bundle and were all very good - capaccio, avocado ritz and garlic/cheese snails.The snails were simply OMG!
Mains were 3 steaks - 2 fillet and 1 rump and a greek salad. Mine was a 300g pepper steak which was perfectly medium done and big enough to take a bit home for lunch on Monday! Chips, sides etc all good.
Dessert was shared by each couple, vanilla ice cream with hot chocolate sauce - delicious, and creme brulee with mixed berry whole fruit sauce on the side - equally delicious.
Overall the food was very fairly priced for the location and good quality, whilst the white wines we had were fine and the wine list had an adequate selection.
We were very pleased overall and will definitely be back again.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We had a wonderful leisurely Sunday lunch here recently. Our waiter, Alexio, was one of the best waiters we have come into contact in the last few months. He was friendly, but not too hands on, and his service made for a very relaxing lunch. The food was very good!