All reviews themed rooms great gatsby moulin rouge suite interesting antiques party venue special evening year end function unique style comfortable rooms home away from home simone garden houghton sa
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is my second visit to this unique establishment and each time I have been mesmerised by the surroundings and the new and interesting artifacts and décor that adorn the rooms and communal areas. Villa Simonne has the ability to be both peaceful and energetic at the same time, as in addition to providing quality bed and breakfast accommodation it also caters for functions. Whilst having the luxury touches of a hotel, this family run boutique B&B maintains a personal, friendly approach which immediately makes you feel welcome and like one of the family. I can highly recommend Villa Simonne if you are visiting Johannesburg, it’s a must.

Room tip: The Marrakesh Penthouse suite has a huge wrap around balcony.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Three nights at Villa Simonne and loved every minute - like stepping behind the wardrobe in a CS Lewis novel...themed rooms with loads of character and great personal service from the manager Dimitri..altogether a brilliant and surprising refuge from the bustling city around it - you'll get lost in comfort here and properly relax.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed in the Emperor Nero’s suite for 5 nights – an Italian themed suite which was meticulously thought out and lavish. I felt like Nero himself. I didn’t want to leave… and nearly didn’t. The hotel is gorgeous, and the service is friendly, and down to earth. The only thing that could be criticized is the limited amount of channels on the DSTV bouquet, but who in his right mind stays at a place like this with the intention of watching TV? Although Johannesburg is not my favorite city, I will definitely be making an excuse to return just to stay for a few more nights. I highly recommend Villa Simonne – something not to be missed!

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Having to attend a wedding on the 21st of September 2013 at Shepstone Gardens, as referred by the bride, I chose Villa Simonne as my accommodation for the evening after the wedding. Upon browsing Villa Somonne's website to make the booking, I couldn't help my decision to extend my initial booking with an extra night. Apart from their quick and informative service/respose via e-mail prior to my stay, the service during my stay in the Gesha penthouse suite from the check-in to the check-out was 5 star indeed. I assured the Hotel Manager, Shawn Gouveia, that Villa Simonne will definitely see me again. What an exquisite place!

Room tip: Tell the staff at Villa Simonne what it is that you need and trust that they will fulfill it beyond expectation.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2013

One of the most memorable places I've ever had the pleasure to stumble across on my travels. If you have the time, this is a boutique hotel that will leave you speechless. Every room is designed with meticulous detail and the service is executed with a personal and impeccable manner by the guy that runs it (dimitri). If you want a great experience in jhb, stay here.

Date of stay: September 2013