All reviewsthemed roomsmoulin rouge suitemanager lukeparty venuespecial eveningunique stylewe've stayedcomfortable roomseach morningsimonegardentortoisesconference
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I typically prefer bigger Hotels because of the level of service and convenience, but after this stay, I am beginning to appreciate the Boutique concept. I was pleasantly surprised by the individual attention. My needs seemed to be anticipated throughout my 3 day stay, and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful - The manager even organized a last minute conference venue at the hotel for me at a very reasonable rate.

The suite i stayed in was stunning (Try the New Orleans Penthouse Suite), breakfast was consistently delicious, and unlike chain hotels, there was so much to do in terms of entertainment... Perfect atmosphere for work and leisure. I won’t stay anywhere else when in Johannesburg.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The decor was quite stunning, especially the attention to detail and the sense of the dramatic. The facilities were great and allowed us to have a luxurious end to our month away in SA. What really made our stay however was the quality of the service. The whole staff were friendly and helpful and simply couldn't do enough to make our stay memorable and fun.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jasperbark
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Staying at the Villa the second time was surprisingly even better than the first. This time I was more accustomed to the really singular concept and decor, which gave me a chance to appreciate how homely and down to earth everybody was, despite it being a luxury hotel. It's honestly a unique experience to be welcomed like a friend, and in the same breath, be pampered like royalty. Well done, Villa Simonne, for creating an imaginative and very human experience in the usually dull, sterile hotel industry. I'd go back tomorrow.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Villa Simone for 2 nights at the end of a months visit to South Africa. It was a real highlight. Special mention to manager Shawn Gouveia. He made it extra special for us all and our daughters in particular. Nothing was too much trouble. Went as guests and left as friends. Just wish my home was as opulent!

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank rbark
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went on a short break away weekend, the hotel is beautiful, and its certain that the owner loves antiques and odd things. The hotel itself is amazing however the service is something out of a horror movie. They do not do proper room service and dont keep the outside areas clean. Food was also great but with the rating they are and with beautiful surroundings one would expect that the service will suit the surroundings, but no. The rooms dont have aircons and they dont even have a coffee machine on site. which to me is one of the first things a highly ranked botique hotel should have!!!! Would love to go back to the surroundings but not for the service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends