All reviewsthemed roomsmoulin rouge suitemanager lukeparty venuespecial eveningunique stylewe've stayedcomfortable roomseach morningsimonegardentortoisesconference
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went on a short break away weekend, the hotel is beautiful, and its certain that the owner loves antiques and odd things. The hotel itself is amazing however the service is something out of a horror movie. They do not do proper room service and dont keep the outside areas clean. Food was also great but with the rating they are and with beautiful surroundings one would expect that the service will suit the surroundings, but no. The rooms dont have aircons and they dont even have a coffee machine on site. which to me is one of the first things a highly ranked botique hotel should have!!!! Would love to go back to the surroundings but not for the service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Monica B
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I booked in for 2 nights to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. It was a perfect in every way and a dream come true – the gardens are stunning, the atmosphere is incredible and the decor and attention to detail is amazing: we have never seen anything like it. You could spend a full day wondering in the gorgeous gardens alone. We spend most of our time playing tennis, sipping cocktails at the pool and enjoying the sauna. The staff were wonderful, and went out of their way to make it an unforgettable weekend for us. They even arranged for a "Happy Anniversary" balloon to be paraded around by "Elsa"(the resident tortoise), and set a romantic table for us in the garden on the African Queen Barge – a very special evening. Special thanks to Parie – you were amazing. We will definitely be returning next year... if not sooner!

Room Tip: Rooms with a patio and facing the garden are the best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nights in August and were very pleased with the accommodations. The hotel has a quirky, unique feeling...almost as if being transported back in time 50 years or so and still maintaining a 5 star experience that one is accustomed to today. Every corner in the hotel is as though it is representing a little story, the details of which you can only glimpse. The service was outstanding and very personal...attending to our every need, including delivering an outstanding dinner meal each evening to our room. I was prepared to be satisfied with the usual continental style breakfast buffet but was pleasantly surprised by a full breakfast, made to order. I would not hesitate a moment to return to Villa Simonne if my travels bring me back to Joburg.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We made our first trip to Johannesburg this June. Staying at Villa Simmone made the experience wonderful. Everyone was so helpful as we navigated and planned our daily adventures. We started each day with an excellent breakfast made to our taste and enjoyed the beauty of the architecture and superb landscaping. The best part was coming back in the evening to great atmosphere and an exquisitely appointed room. It was truly like coming home to friends. This hotel is a real gem. The family who runs it and the staff who works with them are the reason you will want to stay there each time you visit Joburg.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Olympus and it was lovely with a comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was at the Villa Simonne from 7th - 18th July 2013, i really enjoyed myself as it was a home away from home. The people were very friendly and helpful. It was really a five star experience and i will recommend Villa Simonne to anyone that wants to experience a five star enjoyment at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Rooms at the penthouse are quieter, that was where i stayed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business