“Normal Plaza”
Review of Oriental Plaza

Oriental Plaza
Ranked #44 of 188 things to do in Johannesburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Throngs of locals and tourists visit this indoor/outdoor complex where over 350 shopkeepers hawk their wares.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Okay, so I dont have anything bad to say about the plaza but also not anything spectacular, I just dont understand how this falls under a tourist destination, as they sell just average household goods and a place where everyone I know go look for a bargain and also not always find, as they have become very retail in their prices over recent years and not as cheap as they used to be, you can go to any mall and find what they sell now, even the spices etc... So sorry a bit confused, wouldnt think of it as a tourist destination, I wouldnt take my visitors there, unless for a quick drive through fordsburg to buy something and a in and out thing...

1  Thank Cindy-Lee M
"textiles"
in 7 reviews
"curtaining"

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've been going to the Oriental Plaza for years and it saddens me that the prices of things have gone up so much now that more people know about it. It used to be a fun experience but not it's lots of the same and not at the great prices we were used to...

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Maybe it is the advent of all the china malls, but Oriental Plaza lost its magic for me. This used to be the one spot I new I would get what I want at a good price. Regrettably it is gone. With my recent trip there I couldn't find what I needed and the prices are way too high. Hallo Chi-ne-se Mall.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

There is always something special to find. Dressmakers will love the shops and the prices is very good....you can even bargain with the shop owner