First, I found the Hyatt Regency to be in a great location for what we needed. It was near, shops, restaurants, a mall, etc. Checking in was effortless, however, while checking out we were slightly over charged and the front desk agent tried to delete the transaction and do it over but had issues contacting the issuer of our credit card to reverse the charges. We were asked to sign but rest assure that it would be taken care of. We elected NOT to sign for an incorrect charge and eventually agreed to settle for Rands for what we were overcharged. Win win situation, being that it was becoming very time consuming. Other than that, the stay was great. The rooms were roomy, beds were comfortable, and the bathroom spacious. We enjoyed a few after dinner drinks in the hotel lobby which was nice and cozy and offered great service. We are planning to return to Johannesburg soon and will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Johannesburg is situated in the cosmopolitan suburb of Rosebank, a modern district in the North of Johannesburg. Our hotel provides easy access to Sandton, Constitution Hill and African craft markets. With 244 luxury rooms & suites featuring African-inspired decor and fully integrated meeting & conference venues, Hyatt Regency Johannesburg is the business traveller's hotel of choice. Guests are invited to experience the rich wellness of our Amani Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, South African Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hyatt Regency Johannesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Johannesburg Hotel Johannesburg
- Hyatt Johannesburg
- Johannesburg Hyatt Regency