If you are conducting business in the area (Sandton, Melrose, Rosebank etc.) then you would be hard pressed to find anything much better. It is not a Grand Hyatt but it is perfectly functional and close to both the Rosebank mall and Gautrain station (20m minutes to the airport).
The rooms are spacious if a little plain and the food is reasonably priced and passable - although the beds are rather too hard for my liking. The staff are all friendly enough but this hotel has a reputation for maids with sticky fingers.
So lock up your belongings and relax after a hard day at the office - but it won't impress the wife or family as a holiday destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Johannesburg is situated in the cosmopolitan suburb of Rosebank, a modern district in the North of Johannesburg. Our hotel provides easy access to Sandton, Constitution Hill and African craft markets. With 244 luxury rooms & suites featuring African-inspired decor and fully integrated meeting & conference venues, Hyatt Regency Johannesburg is the business traveller's hotel of choice. Guests are invited to experience the rich wellness of our Amani Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Johannesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Johannesburg Hotel Johannesburg
- Hyatt Johannesburg
- Johannesburg Hyatt Regency