What's going for this hotel is undoubtedly its location; next door to gautrain station and the new enlarged zone shopping complex. This hotel is prob around 20 years now and have seen dozens of competitors open in that time. Its comparatevly better days maybe are behind but this does not mean you shouldn't stay here. The ups are friendly staff, good breakfasts (best downstairs as the club floor is a bit limited but with exceptional views of Joburg), nice pool area on top floor, nice and always busy restaurant area at the reception (with free internet), easy access to hundreds of good shops and restaurants in a safe environment. The room feel preety std bus hotel, as std as they come with nothing to blow you away. I was surprised about the simple toilet paper quality, something you can expect at formula 1 hotels perhaps but not at 5 star places. Also, the work chair was of very basic quality. Not that it didn't function but it felt out of kilter at a 5 star. Bathroom larger than normal, that's an upside. Also good insulation form busy oxford road, didn't hear much noise. I also like to porters black uniforms and they guys are really helpful. The price is at a higher end for the product delivered. They sell at around 2000 rands/night and I would say that you'd start feeling real value in the early thousand, say 1200 if bfts was included. So, depending if that location is key or not, then that amount will buy you better rooms and experiences in say sandton. Then again I must say that 2 hrs 45 minutes from take off at CPT Intl to check in at Hyatt is worth a lot (if that area is key). All thanks to gautrain. Yes I can recommend Hyatt with ease, depending on what's important.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Johannesburg is situated in the cosmopolitan suburb of Rosebank, a modern district in the North of Johannesburg. Our hotel provides easy access to Sandton, Constitution Hill and African craft markets. With 244 luxury rooms & suites featuring African-inspired decor and fully integrated meeting & conference venues, Hyatt Regency Johannesburg is the business traveller's hotel of choice. Guests are invited to experience the rich wellness of our Amani Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Johannesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Johannesburg Hotel Johannesburg
- Hyatt Johannesburg
- Johannesburg Hyatt Regency