I have been to this hotel 2 weeks in May 2013.
The hotel presents the following good points:
- The rooms are spacious, clean and provided with kitchenette for people who are interested in cooking light dishes.
- Breakfast contains multiple choices with a live cooking station.
- The staff is very attentive to customers and are very open for discussion.
- The hotel has a service of free home delivery from outside with an approved company which offers a large choice of cuisines for delivery right to your doorstep.
- The happy hour is also a nice idea. It takes place from 5pm to 7pm.
- Free shuttle bus from 7pm to 10pm to 2 nearby malls, perfect for a dinner plan at one of the nice restaurants at both malls.
The negative points are:
- The bruma lake is very poluted. Although the view is nice, when you open your balcony, you are sure to have an attakch of moustics and flyers by dozens. The smell is also a bit strong especially after sunset.
- The transportation fees to other areas of Joba are very costly if arranged by the hotel and the most strange thing is that the price is headcount based and not distance based!! We were very disappointed by this when we wanted to arrange transportation with the hotel. We finally decided to go with public taxi companies which were much cheaper than the hotel transportation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance of Bruma Flea Market, local craft displays and Eastgate Shopping Centre. Easily accessible to major motorways and only 10 minutes from OR Tambo International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Courtyard Hotel Eastgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Eastgate Hotel Johannesburg
- Courtyard Johannesburg
- Johannesburg Courtyard