The Courtyard Rosebank turned out to be a great place for our four-night stay in Johannesburg.
The hotel is directly next to/across from the Rosebank Gautrain station and the Rosebank mall complex. If you don't know Joburg, that means you can take the efficient, clean, safe Gautrain from the airport to the Sandton station, switch lines with absolutely no worry, & go one stop to Rosebank. When you come up from the train, the two-story hotel complex is within sight--again, no stress. Gautrain can also take you to the Hop On-Hop Off bus pickup point at the Park station.
The malls across the street include numerous restaurants, a movie theater, a grocery story & more. (The grocery closes at 6pm, as do many of the other mall stores, but restaurants remain open later.) Much of the mall is open-air, which is pleasant--you don't feel as if you are sealed off from the world. It's not as upscale as the malls at expensive Sandton, which to me was a very good thing.
The hotel itself is clean, with friendly staff & nice rooms. There are studio, one-bedroom, & two-bedroom rooms. All have kitchenette facilities with dining tables. We stayed in the reasonably priced one-bedroom suite, which meant we had a nice little apartment, comfortable for just hanging out. The pool was also a calm place to relax. This is not a luxury property; it's just a surprisingly good mid-market place to stay.
The hotel does not have a restaurant, although it serves breakfast. Several restaurants across the street will deliver--but we found it much nicer to cross the street ourselves for dinner.
You get 15 minutes free wi-fi a day, but otherwise there is a charge for Internet access via the AlwaysOn system. It's pricey at 50 rand per hour, but AlwaysOn seems to be everywhere in South Africa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is situated in prestigious Rosebank on Oxford Road, opposite the Gautrain Rapid Rail station. Major shopping centres, craft markets, restaurants and cinemas are all within walking distance. The hotel is easily accessible to all motorways linking the key business centres in Gauteng. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Courtyard Hotel Rosebank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Rosebank Hotel Rosebank
- Courtyard Hotel Johannesburg
- Courtyard Johannesburg