All reviewsmelrose archlibrary barm msoystersmarch restaurantrubber duckiesvirgin gymsurround soundsurrounded by restaurantsgated communitytravel desksafe areaexecutive roombreakfast buffetshopping and restaurantsfantastic hotelhotel is located
Reviewed December 13, 2017

I stayed here for 3 weeks in August and loved it. Very comfortable and exquisitely designed rooms, and friendly staff who went out of their way to make me feel at home (especially Cynthia at the reception). The restaurant had an excellent breakfast menu and buffet. The hotel is also conveniently located within the Melrose Arch shopping centre.

The only issue I had during my stay was that the "Do not disturb" sign didn't really serve any purpose; I put it up one Friday night when I wanted to sleep in on the following Saturday morning, only to receive a call from housekeeping at around 9 am, asking me when they could come to clean my room. Needless to say, I did not get my Saturday morning sleep-in.

Regardless, I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to business travellers

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
APMelroseArch, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

Dear Sharon O,

The TEAM at the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Please accept our sincere and deepest apologies for the fact that you were disturbed during your sleep. We treasure our comfortable beds and are sad to hear that you were not able to take advantage of this. Your feedback has highlighted the urgent need to look into our "do not disturb" procedure as to avoid such unacceptable incidents in future. The departments concerned have been made aware of this feedback and please rest assured that a more strict policy to avoid any inconvenience in future.

The delighted to hear that bedsides this mishap, that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Kind Regards,
The TEAM at the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel

Reviewed December 12, 2017

We loved this hotel! It is hip and a little funky but so modern and nice. The only complaint I had was no hot water for my shower!! Other than that, I would stay here anytime. The area around the hotel was fun to stroll through and loved all the Christmas lights!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2017

Stayed for one night at African Pride Melrose Arch in Joburg, December 2017. Arrived to the hotel early 9am and then allowed me to check in early thankfully. A much appreciated gift after 20 hours of flying to get there. The staff was very kind and helpful. Additionally the room were clean and the facilities nice. I did not eat at the hotel but heard the breakfast was very good from others. The pool facility is nice and peaceful. There is not a gym at the hotel but you can get a pass from the hotel (paid) to visit the gym across the street. It's a very nice three high-end gym. Definitely recommend that.

Also, just outside the doors of the hotel is an open plaza where they had events going on, outdoor restaurants, shopping and many other things to do. This is a very nice area of town and seemed very safe for kids as well, as there were many around.

Room Tip: Our room (422) was quite large. Full bathtub and separate large shower. Two sinks, two beds, tv, etc...
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2017

Not the first time we visit them keep on going back. Always a wonderfull experiance. Tranguality seroundings and very piecefull. Staff very friendly and their service is excellent. Rooms very clean and well maintianed. Room service is very good and snappy. Restaurant food of a very high standard and very good service.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, we stayed in a corner suite and is very sunny in the mornings.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

In a vivid location, next to restaurants and shops, this hotel is really interesting. All their rooms are attributed to a famous Hollywood star and there is a picture of that actress in front of the room. Interior might be the same in everyroom but it is aligned with the glamour of Hollywood. What surprised me was that the shower and sink was literally right inside the room, w/o any walls, only separated by a curtain!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business