I was lucky enough to be booked into the Melrose Arch Hotel by a client.
It turned out that I did not spend the night on my own (as originally planned!), but ended up having to share my room with my 12 year old who could not fly back home the previous day due to an ear infection.
I am not sure which I enjoyed the most – his delight when he arrived at the hotel and saw our room, or his comments during our one night stay. Now I must admit, I have traveled a lot and stayed in many hotels – but this still managed to delight me too!
A luxurious room with a funky bathroom complete with black and white tiles and a neon green lighted shower. Lots of fun things, like having to share your bath with a plastic duck and a special M&M treats next to the bed.
We had lovely views over the stunning pool area which gave us wonderful opportunity to try our photography skills. Which we took further on our stroll through Melrose Arch with interesting architecture, great shops and a wonderful city vibe!
I must mention the great welcome we got, not only from the pleasing decor in reception and special touches, but also by the staff who made us feel like VVIPs.
Another highlight was breakfast. Unfortunately we did not have enough time to enjoy all great variety of decadent food that was on offer. My poor son was so overwhelmed (btw he is a seasoned traveler who has stayed at some of SA’s best hotels) by the breakfast displays, that he completely forgot to enjoy the table full of sweet delicacies, including chocolate brownies! I will have to bring him back especially for this!
So after our great stay, he has now decided that he wants to become a world traveler, stay in wonderful hotels like these and take photos. To my question of “who is going to pay for it all” he could only shrug his shoulders! Guess I will have to take a second job now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel has become an international destination in its own right, attracting discerning GUESTS who take pleasure in modern elegance and sophistication. Sheer style and individuality is what redefines the travel experience when staying at Africa's first truly HIP 5-star Hotel. The luxurious African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa is situated within the exclusive urban Melrose Arch lifestyle development, a "city within a city", that offers an extensive array of shops and restaurants to be explored. So, if shopping is on the cards, you couldn't ask for a better position. The entire Melrose Arch precinct is patrolled by 24 hour Security and monitored by CCTV surveillance for peace-of-mind comfort. If you want to arrive in style, simply book a transfer in one of our luxury vehicles. Engulf yourself in the trendy precinct that is Melrose Arch, which offers GUESTS everything and more at your doorstep. Loosen your tie and make your way outside to the Pool Bar. Make use of our complimentary internet access, take off your shoes and have lunch at our unique tables that sit in shallow water; perfect for that midday cool down. Want to get out and explore? With the vast attractions that Johannesburg has to offer, why not visit the nearby Military Museum or the musical landmark of Sophia Town; both of which have played huge roles in the history of our country. With so much to do within close proximity, a visit to our own March Restaurant is a must and offers a truly sensual dining experience; where decor meets a whimsical fusion of international flavours and cooking techniques.Too early for bed? Make yourself comfortable in the leather couches of the Library Bar. Indulge in a nightcap and be kept company by a selection of great authors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel Johannesburg
- African Pride Melrose Arch Johannesburg