This hotel has a great location inside the trendy Melrose Arch complex, there are some great shops, restaurants and cafes within safe walking distance.
The hotel is very smart and service was superb. We checked in quite early, about 11 am but they didn't flinch and found us rooms straight away.
The rooms are not as large as I expected , but are well fitted out with all mod cons. I liked the large walk in shower with good quality toiletries provided. The bathroom is open plan with the bedroom which would not be ideal for some people when sharing.
The 'hidden' safe in the wall was a quirky and fun idea.
The DVD player and selection of discs was a nice touch, and also the fresh coffee & french press which was provided.
It was suprising to find in such a modern purpose built hotel, which has obviously been very well designed, that there was no adequate bedside reading light, it was too dim to read at night, and only one bedside light which again is not ideal if sharing.
In fact the room is more suitable for a single traveller, and probably someone on business as there is a very comfortable desk/office set up.
I liked it and wished I had time to stay for more than one night. But it is an expensive hotel and despite all the super facilities I am still not sure if the extra cost, compared to the other hotel in Melrose Arch, is justifiable. I hope to go back again some time to do some more research on that !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel has become an international destination in its own right, attracting discerning GUESTS who take pleasure in modern elegance and sophistication. Sheer style and individuality is what redefines the travel experience when staying at Africa's first truly HIP 5-star Hotel. The luxurious African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa is situated within the exclusive urban Melrose Arch lifestyle development, a "city within a city", that offers an extensive array of shops and restaurants to be explored. So, if shopping is on the cards, you couldn't ask for a better position. The entire Melrose Arch precinct is patrolled by 24 hour Security and monitored by CCTV surveillance for peace-of-mind comfort. If you want to arrive in style, simply book a transfer in one of our luxury vehicles. Engulf yourself in the trendy precinct that is Melrose Arch, which offers GUESTS everything and more at your doorstep. Loosen your tie and make your way outside to the Pool Bar. Make use of our complimentary internet access, take off your shoes and have lunch at our unique tables that sit in shallow water; perfect for that midday cool down. Want to get out and explore? With the vast attractions that Johannesburg has to offer, why not visit the nearby Military Museum or the musical landmark of Sophia Town; both of which have played huge roles in the history of our country. With so much to do within close proximity, a visit to our own March Restaurant is a must and offers a truly sensual dining experience; where decor meets a whimsical fusion of international flavours and cooking techniques.Too early for bed? Make yourself comfortable in the leather couches of the Library Bar. Indulge in a nightcap and be kept company by a selection of great authors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel Johannesburg
- African Pride Melrose Arch Johannesburg