Ideally situated near restaurants and in the midst of the hip Melrose precinct. The standout features are the tables in the pool for a "dipping" experience whilst dining. The Library Bar for its intimacy and ambiance. Regretfully a heavy downpour of rain did create havoc. The two rooms we were initially checked into had water leaking in and the Melrose precinct had a power failure for the entire evening. Nevertheless the hotel was well equipped with a generator which adequately made the hotel function at 90 percent. What stood out for me is how management went about managing during this stressful time. Since the rooms leaked they kindly moved us three times to a room that we were satisfied with. All of this was done with no fuss. Because of our inconvenience Samuel politely offered us a free nights accommodation with breakfast. Thank you Samuel, it was a wonderful gesture. You were the star of our trip. Keep on smiling :)
We had a wonderful dinner at the March restaurant. Great quality of food, albeit pricey. Thanks to Fifi for looking after us.
We had arranged a special breakfast and thanks to Hanroe for catering to our special dietary requirements by acquiring halal meats the day before. Again well done Fifi.
Finally thanks to Mangi at the front desk for all of his assistance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel has become an international destination in its own right, attracting discerning GUESTS who take pleasure in modern elegance and sophistication. Sheer style and individuality is what redefines the travel experience when staying at Africa's first truly HIP 5-star Hotel. The luxurious African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa is situated within the exclusive urban Melrose Arch lifestyle development, a "city within a city", that offers an extensive array of shops and restaurants to be explored. So, if shopping is on the cards, you couldn't ask for a better position. The entire Melrose Arch precinct is patrolled by 24 hour Security and monitored by CCTV surveillance for peace-of-mind comfort. If you want to arrive in style, simply book a transfer in one of our luxury vehicles. Engulf yourself in the trendy precinct that is Melrose Arch, which offers GUESTS everything and more at your doorstep. Loosen your tie and make your way outside to the Pool Bar. Make use of our complimentary internet access, take off your shoes and have lunch at our unique tables that sit in shallow water; perfect for that midday cool down. Want to get out and explore? With the vast attractions that Johannesburg has to offer, why not visit the nearby Military Museum or the musical landmark of Sophia Town; both of which have played huge roles in the history of our country. With so much to do within close proximity, a visit to our own March Restaurant is a must and offers a truly sensual dining experience; where decor meets a whimsical fusion of international flavours and cooking techniques.Too early for bed? Make yourself comfortable in the leather couches of the Library Bar. Indulge in a nightcap and be kept company by a selection of great authors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel Johannesburg
- African Pride Melrose Arch Johannesburg