Stayed here for a week, having previously lived in this hotel for 3 months in 2008 I was curious as to whether it would now be showing its age. In fact, it looks as brand new, funky and clean as when I last stayed here - and was very pleasantly surprised that the staff remembered me (that may not be a good thing!).
The rooms are all similar but well laid out, with great big comfy beds and plenty of space to work. Internet connectivity was vastly improved on last time, the odd-Joburg power cut notwithstanding.
I didn't eat here (too much choice in the wider Melrose Arch now to stay in) but a colleague highly commended the in-room catering.
The stand out thing for me is the quality of the staff - they are all extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. You couldn't ask for more.
I will definitely be booking here on my next trip and this hotel is the one I always recommend first to business colleagues travelling to SA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel has become an international destination in its own right, attracting discerning GUESTS who take pleasure in modern elegance and sophistication. Sheer style and individuality is what redefines the travel experience when staying at Africa's first truly HIP 5-star Hotel. The luxurious African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa is situated within the exclusive urban Melrose Arch lifestyle development, a "city within a city", that offers an extensive array of shops and restaurants to be explored. So, if shopping is on the cards, you couldn't ask for a better position. The entire Melrose Arch precinct is patrolled by 24 hour Security and monitored by CCTV surveillance for peace-of-mind comfort. If you want to arrive in style, simply book a transfer in one of our luxury vehicles. Engulf yourself in the trendy precinct that is Melrose Arch, which offers GUESTS everything and more at your doorstep. Loosen your tie and make your way outside to the Pool Bar. Make use of our complimentary internet access, take off your shoes and have lunch at our unique tables that sit in shallow water; perfect for that midday cool down. Want to get out and explore? With the vast attractions that Johannesburg has to offer, why not visit the nearby Military Museum or the musical landmark of Sophia Town; both of which have played huge roles in the history of our country. With so much to do within close proximity, a visit to our own March Restaurant is a must and offers a truly sensual dining experience; where decor meets a whimsical fusion of international flavours and cooking techniques.Too early for bed? Make yourself comfortable in the leather couches of the Library Bar. Indulge in a nightcap and be kept company by a selection of great authors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel Johannesburg
- African Pride Melrose Arch Johannesburg