This hotel is close to the Gallagher Exhibition Centre and was a perfect location close by. The hotel receptionists were very attentive and efficient. The breakfast was rather basic, but what was on offer in a buffet layout was agreeable. The room was a little small as was the bathroom, but at the price it would have been difficult to complain. But, if you want or need to go further afield for meetings or for a good restaurant in Sandton, then one needs to hire a car for ease of getting around. When you combine the cost of car rental for 4 days and 4 nights at the hotel with the current exchange rate against GBP, the cost was very competitive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the business district, 30 minutes from OR Tambo international airport, 20 minutes from Sandton Convention Centre, within walking distance of the Gallagher Estate, the biggest conference centre in the southern hemisphere. 92 comfortable airconditioned rooms, secure outdoor parking. Paid shuttle service on request. 24 hour security. The restaurant is open for Breakfast from Monday to Friday (6.30 a.m.-10.30 a.m.) and on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays (7.00 a.m.-11.00 a.m.). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Johannesburg Midrand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Johannesburg Midrand Hotel Johannesburg
- Accor Johannesburg Midrand