“terrible!”

Ranked #119 of 1,304 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We went out on a family evening on the high recommendation of my sister in law, who goes often. What a disaster! 2 out of us ordered the Thai Red prawn curry which was completely inedible because it was so hot - and I can take hot food! My mother in laws beef salad was full of no salad and very huge chunks of beef which she could not eat. On complaining, the manageress said that she couldn't eat seafood so could not try the curry but assured me it was home made. It was quite clear it had come out of a jar - no coconut milk in sight! she gave one meal free to start with but after complaining once more we did in the end get three meals for nothing. Given that we had to come home and eat I think that was fair enough. However the waiter was brilliant and very embarrassed about the whole situation. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had a great night out with friends at this restaurant. It was our first time there and we enjoyed everything - great cocktails, my husband loves the selection of beers, good wine and the food was outstanding! Service could be a bit faster - but the restaurant was packed so it is understandable.

2  Thank TravelFundi2010
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Food average, waiters not so exciting, and value reasonable.

Saturday lunch, should be hectic in Jhb, but not very well supported this time round!

Interesting food selection but felt it was delayed in reaching the table - particularly as the lonesome coffee order arrived piping hot!

About $20/head including limited wine and tip - main course only!

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Been there many times, but less and less frequent now. The quality has declined dramatically over the last 2 years. Ive seen it happen many times where a great restaurant becomes average the more popular it gets. Pushing to many tables now and paying less attention to the food.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I love going to Throbbing Strawberry, and go there quite often to eat, or just have a drink. I have never had a bad meal, and have always experienced good service, except for my last visit, when my table was ignored by all the waiting staff, and even by the "manager" who kept walking through the restaurant, looking but not seeing anything. The wine selection is not bad and their prices have remained reasonable, and even serve my favourite wine by the glass. The menu choices are excellent with decent sized portions, and they also have specials on the blackboard.

1  Thank 247LiveLife