“Wow.... wow... and wow again”
Review of DW 11-13

DW 11-13
Ranked #12 of 1,496 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

We came to this very pretty, special, humble, understated yet super unique fine dining restaurant not knowing what an amazing taste impact it would have on us.

Please please please go there when in Joburg.

Pleasure. Taste. Elegance. Style.

Keep it up.

And FYI prices are friendly too.

2  Thank 682sebastienn
Write a reviewReviews (505)

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

Wow! We haven't visited this side of DW eleven - 13 for some time and the general consensus - mind-blowingly, special awesomeness!!! The food and wine pairing = phenomenal! My gorgeous wife spoilt me for a birthday dinner and was I properly spoilt! Thank you! Really special! We'll be back!!

1  Thank HarryJhb
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

Amazing atmosphere and not over crowded like many restaurants.

Had the extended tasting menu. The food was good. I enjoyed about 90% of it.

The waiters are exceptional. They are very clued up on the food and wine.

There is plenty of safe parking.

Reviewed June 16, 2017

Really enjoyed this restaurant; we were in town passing through on vacation and tried it out. I had the vegetarian tasting menu and my husband did the standard tasting menu with wine pairing. The value was great (although we're from the U.S. and found food and beverage pricing in SA to be really favorable in general). The presentation was delightful and the service was 5 stars.

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

As it was my wifes birthday which was on a Tuesday. I thort it would be nice for us to enjoy a relaxing dinner at a fancy restaurant. Had not really known about this place untill I googled some places which would be near my wifes work. The reviews looked good as well. Upon arriving there we were abit uneasy as the restaurant location is not ideal and the parking is quite dodgey. Nonetheless we were greatly surprised at the beautiful decor and the lighting. We had the 4 course meal which was very good but not on par with other fine dining restaurants we have been to. And for that reason you dont really feel that your money is well spent (almost 2K for the two of us). The desert was amazing though I have to admit while the rest of the courses were abit of a mismatch. All this aside we would of had no complaints and given a higher rating if it was not for a loud group of travel agents that frequent this place which we only found out from other people who have also been there after the fact. Completely destroyed the restaurant's atmosphere. If you looking for a romantic intimate setting then you cannot allow big noisey groups. Ur either fine dining or not.

1  Thank StantonG4