“Showeeee!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

The best food EVER! 110% for service, exceptional yummy food, stunning wine, fabulous friends!

We can't wait to go back!! Not sure which of my 3 meals stood out more? Perhaps my desert, peanut sauce, coconut ice cream, banana ice cream.... Or was it the thick chick dense swirls? Thanks!!

There are newer reviews for DW 11-13

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

As I have been Living in JHB for most of my life I was always sad to see how few of Jozi's food establishments make the top 20 in Eat Out. Marthinus deserves his spot. The food at DW is always tasty and interesting. The service is excellent and it is definitely a place that I will frequent often. If you have not tried it, it is worth a visit.

1  Thank Reenwoud
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have been to this restaurant several times. The food is original and features unusual combinations of ingredients, the mark of a creative chef. However, I feel compelled to write this review because we were not greatly impressed with our dinner there recently. Our party of four had one main complaint: The portions were too small and the price in relation to what we were getting was astronomical. As a result, we all needed to fill up on bread (delicious and home-baked) and then we needed to follow up with dessert. Normally, we are sufficiently full after a main course to skip dessert, but not in this case. In addition, one member of the party was a vegetarian and there was only one vegetarian option on the limited menu, which for a restaurant of this calibre is insufficient. The dish arrived with very few vegetables, inadequate for a main. And the price was completely disproportionate. Desserts range R 70 and above, again so small they are only adequate for one person. Definitely not for sharing! At this price, one does expect a more substantial helping. So, generally, we were disappointed with the overall experience and feel more thought should be given to a larger more varied menu with a reasonable pricing structure for the very small servings.

2  Thank Jill B
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have a great night here on Friday, go the table we requested, and the service was quite good. The food was fresh and tasty, the lamb shoulder was magnificent. Steak tartare was not what I expected, did not taste like the real thing. My wife's cod was lovely.

I do however expect a restaurant like this to know what an affogato is, had to explain to the server, eventually got my scoop of ice-cream and espresso! Such an easy item to have on the menu.

Not cheap, but worth it!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Two trips to this wonderful restaurant in short succession has made me wonder why I haven't been there before. I had heard that while the food was good, it was way short on atmosphere and had avoided it. But the two trips there in the last few weeks convinced me otherwise. The food is delicious, imaginatively presented and service is top-notch. Will be back!